Driver side window wont move, at all

MWTech

I have a sneaky feeling it is the motor as I have had a previous car do this to me although it only became very slow and tired lookin, my Z window has stopped working completely. So just want to be sure

It has been acting slow and tired for about a month, but in the last few days it has even stopped doing that small seal movement after closing the door. I have to be extra careful closing the door because it is already right up to the full.

So i'm guessing its the motor, and no doubt ( going by my previous experience on a honda ) its quite expensive for such a @*!# bit of work you cant even see haha

normally the carbon bushes in the motor sometimes you can take apart cleanup and it will work again, there are a few people that have replaced the bushes most people stump up the 150ish and install a new one. the reset procedure will need doing if you take apart and get working again

Bit slow on posting that one

Edited by rodgeevans

It always seems to be more prolific in not working in the summer, I think it's the added humidity or something. Same happened mine, bought in feb, worked perfectly, got to may and threw a strop.

• 1 year later...

Thread revival ...

Just want to check with others what's happened to me this week. Driver Window motor was refurbished last year by myself had no issues fast movement. But twice this week it has just stopped working luckily in closed position. No slowness at all still very fast up and down. First time I decided to strip it down to refurb again. Got to the point where you have to move the window down for the 3 bolts. Clipped the white connectors back in window started working again, strong as ever. So put itback together,then 2 days later same again nothing, not even with a nudge will it go down.

Is this still the motor or something else?

• 3 weeks later...

If you replace the brushes (some need a slight trim to fit) chances are you're going to get plenty of life out of the refurbed motor. Just cleaning the motor out will give you a few weeks a best of usage, at least this is what I've found with these crappy motors!!