Wonky bonnet

KyleR

First of all, I see there is a similar topic a few threads down but it's a different issue :)

I only noticed this after I fitted the Ironhide slam panel due to the contrast in colour. The passenger side of the bonnet at the front is sitting a bit higher than the drivers side, only a couple of mm when closed, but enough to see the orange panel on my black Zed. When the bonnet is sitting in the "popped" position as if i'd just pulled the release, it's sitting a good inch or so higher than the drivers side. I tried adjusting the little bungs on the bonnet at the front but the passenger side was already as screwed in as it can go so made no difference.

Is there anything else I can adjust to try and fix this? I know theres the hinges, but I assume they'd adjust it left/right, forward/back.

Edited by KyleR

Bonnet catch has been adjusted up a mm to clear the slam panel, but that would raise it all, not one side, tried the bungs as mentioned but they're fully screwed in. Do yea, the only ting I can see left is the hinges. But I fail to see what way I could move them to fix the issue.

No haven't tried removing the stay, but no idea how it would make any difference since the mount is on the drivers side which is sitting lower?

As for the aero catches, no :lol: however a new CF bonnet might fix it :D

Simple fix

As stupid as it sounds, the bonnet stay in place and a cooling panel seems in some cases to cause lift onthe front bonnet edge, and strangely on the passenger side too. Not all the time, but from time to time

Simple fix then.

Get Gas hood dampers,

Remove OEM bonnet prop

No wonkiness

PROFIT!!

Simple fix

As stupid as it sounds, the bonnet stay in place and a cooling panel seems in some cases to cause lift onthe front bonnet edge, and strangely on the passenger side too. Not all the time, but from time to time

Simple fix then.

Get Gas hood dampers,

Remove OEM bonnet prop

No wonkiness

PROFIT!!

That's what I did Chris......but with added CF bonnet.......and Aerocatches ;)

Ok I'll give it a go tomorrow if it doesn't rain. Does seem very weird though if it does work.

I've been thinking of the cf dampers for a while now, but I keep spending on other things. If removing the stay works then I'll get right on it, plus a cf bonnet :p

Oh about the cf bonnet, do they come with the fixing like the OEM one to fit the dampers or did you have to retrofit them? I understand different makes etc etc but what about yours?

Ok I'll give it a go tomorrow if it doesn't rain. Does seem very weird though if it does work.

I've been thinking of the cf dampers for a while now, but I keep spending on other things. If removing the stay works then I'll get right on it, plus a cf bonnet :p

Oh about the cf bonnet, do they come with the fixing like the OEM one to fit the dampers or did you have to retrofit them? I understand different makes etc etc but what about yours?

My CF bonnet came with a bonnet catch already built in (I think most of them do anyway).

As for mounting the bonnet dampers, most damper brackets attach to the bonnet hinge so that shouldn't be a problem.

All I had to do was transfer the rubber weather strips from the OEM bonnet and the little plastic cup for the bonnet sensor (which shows in dash as "Open Door" if not shut).

I think that's all, hope it helps

Yea double skinned ones have the catch, but with not having the dampers I wasn't 100% how they fitted and if the cf bonnets had the necessary fittings. Good to hear they're such an easy switch for the future. Unfortunately i've more important things to get sorted first than buying a new lump of cf...

• 4 weeks later...