Clutch

mattyp370z

When I first got mine it was brand new and I found the change from first to second seamed to clunk and judder a bit if I wasn`t trying to be extra careful with the gear change. Don`t know if it was just me that needed to get used to it or something that needed a little bedding in but now after just over 3 months it seams to have gone away and be perfectly fine.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just to re-bump this, but does anyone get a slight clutch rattle when at idle ??

Something I've noticed more so perhaps when cold.

I'm due at Motorline in Sepetmeber so I'll mention it there, but does anyone have anything similar ??

Yes I got the clutch rattle when idle and then when I pressed the clutch down it went away. Cut a long story short, I complained to Nissan and I ended up getting a full new clutch and gear box :)

• Like 1

Yes I got the clutch rattle when idle and then when I pressed the clutch down it went away. Cut a long story short, I complained to Nissan and I ended up getting a full new clutch and gear box :)

Alright, good to know.

Not that it's a good thing, but I feel slightly better knowing that.

What did you say to get that? Which Nissan?

Mine has this, sounds like release bearing to me but can't be sure.

1st gear slow pull away the car can easily judder, and it feels 'clonky' going into 2nd.

If there's a chance to get a replacement under warranty before it runs out I should try at least?

PS31SP31Silvia - You will get used to that new gearbox, it takes a while, I find changing up a bit higher on the range gives a less 'clunky' feel.

I've been told its fine, it's just my driving style that has to change, lol.

• Like 1

Just to re-bump this, but does anyone get a slight clutch rattle when at idle ??

I'm due at Motorline in Sepetmeber so I'll mention it there, but does anyone have anything similar ??

This is normal - I've had it with mine since new and that was two and a half years ago. I've spoke to Colliers Nissan (which is a HPC) and they have re-assured me that this rattle with the clutch OUT at idle is normal.

Cheers,

Scotty

• Like 1

PS31SP31Silvia - You will get used to that new gearbox, it takes a while, I find changing up a bit higher on the range gives a less 'clunky' feel.

I've been told its fine, it's just my driving style that has to change, lol.

Yeah I've just learnt to live it, just annoying more than anything.

You're right about the higher revs in 1st before shifting though, it's much smoother, this car reminds me of a straight cut box at times.

This is normal - I've had it with mine since new and that was two and a half years ago. I've spoke to Colliers Nissan (which is a HPC) and they have re-assured me that this rattle with the clutch OUT at idle is normal.

Cheers,

Scotty

As Scotty says. Its all normal. These boxes are very mechanical sounding i'm afraid.