Carpark Hit & Run

torquenstein

I'm always careful about where I park my car, but unfortunately after owning the car for less than a month I had the pleasure of returning to it and finding this! Inevitably there was no note left. Looks like someone has hit it pretty hard with their bumper as the dents are quite aggressive :( I havent lost any paint though just been left with someone else's.

photo31_zpsd7f59fa1.jpg

photo32_zpsf64c09a0.jpg

Not really sure where to go from here as I think it is beyond a dent man fix due to it looking like the outer skin has hit some internal strengthening.

Yeah am absolutely gutted about it, I sent some photos to a dent man and he seemed to think it will have stretched the metal and would probably require a respray. I think sourcing a new door would be my preferred option just sourcing a good one in the correct colour wont be easy.

Gutted for you mate. Hope you manage to get it sorted as swiftly and cheaply as possible.

I catch a train to work (but drive to the station), most of the time I'm early, so sit in the car listening to the radio or browsing the forum on my phone.

I watch people arrive and laugh (albeit) worryingly) at the amount of attempts it takes some people to park in a simple space. It also means I get to watch if anyone parks next to me, 'just in case'.

Thanks mate, I was looking at those earlier. Do you know if there is any differences with the convertible doors and the coupe ones?

I know there is difference in the structure but I don't think they put any strengthening in the doors as they move.

I would wait till someone else replies though just incase i am wrong.

Gutted for you mate. Hope you manage to get it sorted as swiftly and cheaply as possible.

I catch a train to work (but drive to the station), most of the time I'm early, so sit in the car listening to the radio or browsing the forum on my phone.

I watch people arrive and laugh (albeit) worryingly) at the amount of attempts it takes some people to park in a simple space. It also means I get to watch if anyone parks next to me, 'just in case'.

Its shocking how some people manage to get a drivers licence. There is loads of stuff I want to buy for the zed but now I have to pay out for someone else's incompetence instead.