Scratches

Stutopia

I've noticed a couple of new light scratches, one on the bonnet, one on the boot and one on the passenger door (only resprayed 2 months ago :bang: ).

I'm hoping to do something about them as none of the are deep, two you can't feel under your finger and one you can just about make out. Here they are, I've enhanced the photos a bit to make them look worse but a bit easier to see. Any tips would be appreciated.

Bonnet

IMG_2007_zps77f94be0.jpg

Boot

IMG_2012_zps4b196bf0.jpg

Door

IMG_2016_zps0dc0107f.jpg

I've never done anything like this, so please be explicit in any technique or products you recommend. Naturally I'm a bit nervous about it on the Zed, fortunately my old man's shed has a monster for me to practice on. I don't expect to cure this, just to have a practice on some of the smaller ones.

Shed

IMG_2010_zpsb5540f37.jpg

As ever, thanks for any input.

The ones on the zed look very light.

Ive spent hours removing these from mine when I first got it. I used Halfords rubbing compound until the scratch was barely visible, and them something from the Autoglyym range to re-buff up the area and remove the last tiny scratches.

With both its a case of using pressure (and a microfiber) to rub away the scratch. When its gone, press softer to bring back the shine :)

Where are you based? I can correct these with a rotary for you if you're local

You won't get them out by hand without killing yourself in the process.

Autoglym will just fill the scratch, you need to get a rotary polisher on that with a decent compound.

Edited by Dave-350

I'm in Blackpool, ordinarily local to no one, but I'm not averse to an excuse to drive the Zed somewhere! Where are you Dave?

South coast! Haha :(

You need to find a detailer local to you. The Nissan paint can be quite thin, sometimes less than 100 microns. You will need to cut quite deep to remove them and you need to ideally measure the paint depth.

If you do it by hand you will probably just make it stand out more!

Just use some rubbing compound!

Yes the zeds paint is thin, but...

1. you have just had a full respray, so it will be different to OEM paint

2. Ive done it, rubbed away for a few mins at a time and never worn though.

The re-spray was just the door, but I see where you're coming from. Certainly best place to start. Ta.

Edit: spelling was embarrassing.

Edited by SuperStu