HELP!!! bolt snapped when installing plenum!!

SkylineV35

I was tightening plenum to 11nm and one of the bolt snapped :bang: what should i do? should i continue doing the rest? it snapped midway so the rubber spacer should still be in place..

also was i supposed to tighten the rubber spacer fully then place upper plenum on top and tighten or was i supposed to leave them loose so the two plenums join before tightening?

Lost - were you putting a spacer in?

As for the snapped bolt - is any left sticking out? If so take the upper plenum off and try and remove the snapped bit - then replace.

If not you need to drill it out and use a stud extractor to get the broken bit out - or drill it out completeley and helicoil it.

Sorry yes was adding a spacer, it was one of the bolts that bolt along the middle of the plenum the longer ones, i never opened up to check as i didnt want the rubber spacer to move out of place i just tightened the rest in hope that it didnt move out of place i also filled the missing screw hole with silicone type stuff. Hopefully this holds up untill my mrev2 arrives.

are these bolts the right size? or can anyone point me in the right direction..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M6-x-70-mm-A4-Stainless-Steel-Hexagon-Head-Bolt-Hex-Bolts-Din-931-/281105901443?pt=UK_DIY_Material_Nails_Fixing_MJ&hash=item417337a783

Edited by SkylineV35

M6x 1mm pitch is the correct thread but you only need 4 at 70mm, you also need 3 at 55mm with a plenum spacer. (Without a spacer you need 4 off M6 x 60 and 3 off M6 x 45)

I'd suggest you get Allen drive bolts as getting a spanner in to the recesses in the upper plenum will be difficult

SetofOrangeEngineBayPlenumBolts.jpg

Saskhi,

Plenty preowned oem plenum bolts in stock if required.

Might even have the longer ones for the spacer, but I would have to check.

Just swing by next time you are passing,

Alex. :)

Edited by ZMANALEX

Saskhi,

Hey Alex,

Thanks but wasso said he will help me out! But I will be swinging by in a couple of weeks time to get those eibach sway bars soon! Just need to sort out this plenum malarky and get the mrev2 bolted down!

il let you know nearer the time! Hopefully you've got plenty in stock! Always a pleasure!

Saskhi

Saskhi,

Hey Alex,

Thanks but wasso said he will help me out! But I will be swinging by in a couple of weeks time to get those eibach sway bars soon! Just need to sort out this plenum malarky and get the mrev2 bolted down!

il let you know nearer the time! Hopefully you've got plenty in stock! Always a pleasure!

Saskhi

Are you from Scotland?