Advise please...Interiour plastic trim need repairing

Dashurik

which parts specifically,

if its the arm rests, some use plastidip or similiar, or take them out and respray them. others have found the use of a sharpie pen can have a suitable temporary fixing method.

Hmmm..sharpie sounds good..I may blend in the colour...Have some white marks around gear knob geator...But scratches are on the lower side of the door ,some of them deep(wear and tear over the years ). Doing my research at the moment,some people suggest using heat gun(but have to be careful not to melt plastic) and smooth up scratches with your finger..The other suggestion(way to complicated and time consuming) is to fill the scratches ,sand and then respray...

If anybody knows any better idea plz let me know...

Edited by Dashurik

I have used a liquid black shoe polish stick on my leather seat, then used it on a heat stick gator and also tried it on the door arm trim it has improved it and gets rid of the white marks, a good temporary fix before plastic dip.

I did both arm rests this weekend, took them both out and sanded them down and then painted with Black Halfords Vinyl Paint. The colour match is a bit off but they look a lot better than they did before.

I found the Halford's Matt black to be as close to OEM finish as you could wish for. I used their black vinyl first but thought it was way too shiny.

David

I did both arm rests this weekend, took them both out and sanded them down and then painted with Black Halfords Vinyl Paint. The colour match is a bit off but they look a lot better than they did before.

I found the Halford's Matt black to be as close to OEM finish as you could wish for. I used their black vinyl first but thought it was way too shiny.

David

Is the matt black a vinyl paint? I couldnt see any other flexible paint choices so went with that but as you said its far to glossy

David

Is the matt black a vinyl paint? I couldnt see any other flexible paint choices so went with that but as you said its far to glossy

Is just labelled as Matt Black spray paint. I primed with plastic primer, then used the black vinyl (too shiny) so top coated over that with the matt black. David