Buying advice needed 350z +8k to spend

Jmanji

Decided to sell my 2005 350z and add 8k to the buying fund of something??

Will probably go for a 370z, unless I can find better for £13k, my wife wants a 2+2 so I told her to let me have the extra 18k for the gtr, she prob would as well but seems like it would be way more costly to own, it's only a "weekend car" not to mention the payback plan.

Seems like the price may drop on 370s substantially from July " sorry owners", I don't mind depreciation on a car but do remember getting burnt with a 2 yr old 300 Zx TT years ago with imports etc.

What would you do with 13k ??? "Teeth"

So you'll have 13-14K to spend for a 2+2 preferably. There is only one answer... 911!

Well to be fair a 911 is a 2+ (0.5 + 0.5) as you need to leave your rear passengers legs behind when you go anywhere.

Is the +2 for actual people or just a bit of extra space to lob stuff cos you cant be arsed to open the boot?

You could probably get a decent G37, better leg room in the back than a porker and its just a 370z with a different top :thumbs:

If your buying second hand then the residuals are pretty fair also :thumbs:

So you'll have 13-14K to spend for a 2+2 preferably. There is only one answer... 911!

Seems like I could achieve a 2001-2003 at best with mileage, would rather have all the mod cons of a newer car.

Would you save anything on a GTR import, or 370 for that matter.

Is the +2 for kids? If it is you don't need to worry about leg room, plus if you wanted good sized rear seats you'd buy a 4 seater, not 2+2.

As for the 911, don't worry about age and mileage too much, they run forever and eat up the miles, plus its a 911, most couldn't tell the difference between a 2001 and a 2007. Did I mention it's a 911?

Is the +2 for kids? If it is you don't need to worry about leg room,

:lol: I have two kids . . . one is 6'4" and the other is 6'2 and still growing. When he was 10 he went in a 911 and said is was the most uncomfortable car he has ever had the pleasure of being in the back of.

Take Ekona, he's going on a jolly round Europe for a week or so, just him (don't think the mrs is going) and he's taking the back seats out . . dont think thats to save weight :lol:

Take Ekona, he's going on a jolly round Europe for a week or so, just him (don't think the mrs is going) and he's taking the back seats out . . dont think thats to save weight :lol:

. . . . . but we all know Dan does not travel light :stir:

1186688B-8B1D-4393-A971-82357E0206D9-933-0000009014E027F1.jpg

:lol:

(sorry Dan . . . could not resist)

Is the +2 for kids? If it is you don't need to worry about leg room, plus if you wanted good sized rear seats you'd buy a 4 seater, not 2+2.

As for the 911, don't worry about age and mileage too much, they run forever and eat up the miles, plus its a 911, most couldn't tell the difference between a 2001 and a 2007. Did I mention it's a 911?

To be honest it's only because my wife actually got into and came out in my zed today for the first time ever, told her I deserve a newer version, I have a 13year old boy who is a joint owner "yup true" so it's ours,,,:( She then went on about how we could not go out as a family and that she would be happy in the back seats etc.

Kept closing her eyes every time I gave it some beans, I'm sooo cruel, but how can you resist when your on an airfield road lol.

:lol: I have two kids . . . one is 6'4" and the other is 6'2 and still growing. When he was 10 he went in a 911 and said is was the most uncomfortable car he has ever had the pleasure of being in the back of.

In this situation you buy a second Zed and convoy everywhere :D

To be honest it's only because my wife actually got into and came out in my zed today for the first time ever, told her I deserve a newer version, I have a 13year old boy who is a joint owner "yup true" so it's ours,,, :( She then went on about how we could not go out as a family and that she would be happy in the back seats etc.

Kept closing her eyes every time I gave it some beans, I'm sooo cruel, but how can you resist when your on an airfield road lol.

Hmmm I can see her point, but I can't think of anything along the lines of the Zed with a proper back seat, especially something your son would like. I was thinking an XK Jaaaag, but it's a different beast to the Zed and your son probably wont be too interested.

Does it have to be something newer and lower mileage than the Zed?

The XK is a tight squeeze in the back....I looked. Roughly the same as a 911, possibly a bit wider.

2+2 ? A 3 or 6 BMW. A bit boring but good cars. Or the oddball - a Monaro VXR.

I considered all the above....then said to hell with the kids...and bought a 350z.

And for what its worth, I think the Skyline (2+2) looks better than a 350z...more modern. With a nice set of 19s, they look good.

Edited by aidan

If your only using at weekends shouldn't be that bad.

I had a R33GTR many moons ago....and was no different to run wise than the previous Subaru.

However as the new GTR is a different beast......my concern would be if something went wrong. Aren't gearboxes around the 18K mark?

Ouch!! already getting cold feet just reading that so back to earth now, looks like the 370z will be on the cards, as for the other half wanting a 2+2 "tuff" she can always follow in her "juke". Just need to wait for the right one at the right price.

My friend had a GTR, sold it a few months back unfortunately :(. I remember him telling me about some of the running costs and remember them being pretty horrendous!

Have you considered a BMW 135i/335i? I was looking at them before I settled on the Zed. Exhaust, air filter, intercooler, map and you will be looking at about 400bhp!