Time for a Suspension overhaul!!!

shire350Z

Now after Wales my zed was not responding to the way i would have liked on the fast open roads iv decided to delve into the world of suspension, one part i should have really done sooner.

Its not often i push the zed that hard anyway, so when i bought her it was important for me to get the 'looks' as i wanted now iv done that and it was quite a while ago iv just enjoyed the car for what it was without wanting to spend more money. Little reminder :lol:

28397AB4-E603-477D-9F51-835DD4A2AF1F-6693-000005FC52BF840D.jpg

615AD3EE-CCFB-4C1C-ADF0-49CF67B71500-6693-000005B3A584E349.jpg

Returning from Wales though im sure im going to keep the car now so thought id turn to the suspension because as much as i loved the power of the superchargers theres so much more potential for my car to be quicker if the handling was made better with quality parts.

So first things first before jumping straight into coilovers as i only run springs my shopping list to buy next week is.....

Eibach Anti roll bars

Whiteline Drop links front/rear

Rear diff bush kit

super pro compression (bananna arm) to chassis mounting bush

Then more bushes and front camber arms following very soon and this is where your guys experiences comes in.....

So..... front camber arms, should i swap the arms for uprated ones or just put the elongated bush in, im not sure yet, one part of me thinks i should buy new arms as the bushes are near £170 but.... unless i go for really expensive arms such as spl i see quite a few of the aftermarket camber arms i.e cusco, ichiba dont seem to last the test of time as the ball joint fails so little more homework needed there,would be good to hear anybody elses experiences......

i already have spc rear camber arms and toe bolts so it will be onto full bush replacemnet and coilovers.

Now my budget wont stretch to a full superpro bush setup and looking what others have done its crucial to have the superpro bush for the main compression arm to chassis bush but after that it seems whiteline or energy bushes will be fine for all the others and at alot more of a competitive price.

While iv got my compression arm off to fit the new superpro bush im thinking i might as well swap out the other one can anyone tell me what this one is classed as??

Also need to swap the front damper to control arm bushing as this is shot so thinking there again while the arm is off i might as well swap the other two bushes now one i think is called the lower control arm inner does this mean the other one near the shock damper bush is the outer??? little help here again would be appriciated!!!

So thats the plan so far guys ill not get into coilovers yet as more important to get ther other bits sorted first

If anyone can help naming exactly which bushes i need though on the front bottom two arms that would be great and also there experineces with front camber arms :thumbs:

Edited by shire350Z

I'm going to be putting a set of super pro compression arm bushes up for sale next week only bought them the other week but have been installed and removed (as I ended up buying new arms) one has minor damage from when it was removed but won't affect performance. Will let these for £75

Cheers

I'm going to be putting a set of super pro compression arm bushes up for sale next week only bought them the other week but have been installed and removed (as I ended up buying new arms) one has minor damage from when it was removed but won't affect performance. Will let these for £75

Cheers

Tbh if I'm doing it might as well put brand new ones in dont want a issue once there in buddy,