Pressure washers and associated goodies

Stutopia

Gave her a run out today, cleaned moss off a mile of path, took two hours or so, took two days last time by hand. Needless to say, I love it! Had a practice on my old man's car too, before allowing her near the Zed. The unit is solid, decent pressure feels relatively sturdy. Joins are all properly water tight.

however, I can confirm the Kärcher foam lance and Demon Wash are a dogsh!t combination, churning through product and making milky foam with a two minute dwell time. PA lance and some Avalanche foam ordered!

I've been using the same combo and I agree it's not great. Not sure which is more at fault though, the £15 lance or the cheap snow foam...

I find it good for soaping the car however, if you're quick you can use the mitt to foam it all up a bit more and give time to go over it a second time correctly.

Gonna keep using it until it's all done, then maybe invest in a decent lance and find some really good frothy foam :)

I rate the PA lance (not that I've used others) it feels good quality, decent fittings, bit of a pig to get on the Kärcher mind. Miles ahead of their own offering.

Getting through the avalanche, as stated earlier in the thread, it's not the thickest (compared to what I've seen on youtube) but it seems to shift filth pretty darn well. I'll try something new next time cos foaming is about as much fun as you can have with a pressure washer!

Thanks for the tip on tardis :thumbs:

If you're looking for snow foams to try, there's a Magifoam group buy going on over on DW at the moment. It foams ridiculously well (better than Avalanche) but it lacks a bit of cleaning power compared to Avalanche.

Megs Hyperwash is similar to Magifoam too and worth looking at, but I keep going back to Avalanche myself.

Kyle, it's more likely to be the lance. The standard Karcher (and Nilfisk) bottle(s) don't contain a gauze so they can't produce the same foam effect as a proper snow foam lance.

Tried the shampoo and snowfoam from AngelWax today. Well pleased with the results. This is just after a snwfoam, rinse, two bucket, rinse and dry with their (very reasonably priced) products. I'll be sticking with them for a while. The foam looks well cool, like Ribena, and gives the snow a light purple shade on the car.

image_zps7cab8366.jpg

Now got to do the hardwork bit ;-)