Wheel alignment - Worth a check!

Jacko

You need to get them to check the rear track at the same time too as this has been known to be out on some Zeds.

iirc there is no adjustment on the rear ? :surrender:

True, but the 'straight ahead' position is quite easily knocked out through kerbing and the like that will result in uneven and premature tyre wear. In some cases it can be rectified quite easily by packing the wishbone mountings with washers to get the correct alignment back, but in extreme cases when the wishbone gets bent, the only option is replacement.

You need to get them to check the rear track at the same time too as this has been known to be out on some Zeds.

iirc there is no adjustment on the rear ? :surrender:

True, but the 'straight ahead' position is quite easily knocked out through kerbing and the like that will result in uneven and premature tyre wear. In some cases it can be rectified quite easily by packing the wishbone mountings with washers to get the correct alignment back, but in extreme cases when the wishbone gets bent, the only option is replacement.

:thumbs: you can buy aftermarket replacements with adjusters and as you say if its not too much then it can be shimmed

Dp tyres in Wigan (j25 M6) used a super tracker which uses realtime wi-fi or some sort to tell you the current settings, so as he is adjusting the alignment on the car he can monitor exactly whats hapening on the PC. He gets the OEM settings from the PC also, so he knows exactly what toe he needs. best system ive seen yet.

The back must have some adjustment as my back end was out the first time i took it and they put it all straight again by adjusting some scew/nut on the rear suspension.

i had two new tyres and the tracking done at demon tweeks, it made the world of difference B) the car before tended to wander and felt twitchy when pushed, feels much more planted now :teeth:

Exactly the same for me. I was getting some rediculous tyre wear issues on the fonts (i.e. inside nearly bald and mid-outer loads of tread).

Had a 4 wheel laser alignment done at Harratts Wakefield and the car has never felt better, especially at higher speeds.

Had a 4 wheel laser alignment done at Harratts Wakefield and the car has never felt better, especially at higher speeds.

Thats exactly what I am experiencing..twitchy at high speeds. Guess I have to find a good alignment shop in central Sweden!

Thats exactly what I am experiencing..twitchy at high speeds. Guess I have to find a good alignment shop in central Sweden!

:lol:

Wigans not far, i'd recommend DP tyres :lol:

When i was in there a couple of weeks ago, they mentioned they had seen REMOVED recently. He'd been talking about his TT conversion. :)

When i was in there a couple of weeks ago, they mentioned they had seen REMOVED recently. He'd been talking about his TT conversion. :)

How it had blown up hopefully :lol:

well from what i heard he was still sourcing parts...

well from what i heard he was still sourcing parts...

The UK GT-R's will be out of the warranty period before he has sourced enough parts :D