Japfest 27th July Donny. Payment please.

As im just about to give the car a quick wash and pack up in preparation for tomorrow is there anything that I can pack to help out? Gazebo etc?just let me know Ill check back a couple of times before I finish packing.

Yeah no problem. I've been speaking to Derek from zClub and he said he experienced the same thing a while back sending out stuff to zClub members in A4 envelopes. Apparently, you have to buy a 1st class 'Large' stamp, which of course they don't sell in books. It's only about 10p more expensive too. He said that many of his did turn up eventually, but they took quite some time to be returned in many cases with the postage deficit notice. He also said rather worryingly, that some of them will simply be returned to sender if there is an address on the envelopes. There was no address on these envelopes, which apparently means they then get sent to Northern Ireland, where someone opens the letter (Thought that was illegal) and tries to determine the sender from the contents, I guess that's going to mean Japfest organizers receiving a bunch of tickets back in a few months time when they've done the round trip. This should not be necessary of course, it should be perfectly easy to put out a deficit notice and allow the person to still receive their mail, but some people are just bitter and evil I guess.

Seems to me it'll cost a lot more to send a letter over to Ireland, pay someone to open it, then send it all the way back to the sender, than it will to drop a deficit notice through the door of the receiver and actually manage to receive the amount that it's short on postage, but I guess this is what unionised public service is all about now, costing more money than it needs to, just for the f*** of it.

Edited by HollowPoint

Picked mine up from the sorting office today, I was told it had only just arrived today and so I would have got an under paid postage notice on Monday had I not dropped in.

First class large letter is 90p, but when a letter is underpaid they revert it back to second class, so that makes it only 9p underpaid. Unfortunately with large organisations like the Royal Mail if you don't follow their rules exactly it often causes problems.

See you all tomorrow.

Yes and no really, as the more of us that have our own tickets on us, the easier it will all be. If I only have to pick up 5 tickets in the end, that's quick, if I have to pick up 10 or more, they will start wanting to see lists of people and knowing who was supposed to be coming, etc. etc. and it could just drag the whole thing out. If the sorting office doesn't have your ticket, that's one thing, if they have it, I'd appreciate you collecting it, just to make life easier tomorrow morning for everyone.

• Like 1

Just been to the sorting office on my lunch break; they did not have it at all there, so put my two tickets down as ones which need to be collected on the gate.

dont tell me its just silver cars that dont get tickets, lol.

And nope, my ginger has been abused as you would expect :lol:

• Like 1

This is the most frustrating part of sorting out these events. They want payment well on advance and then send the tickets out late. Thats the reason I usually ask someone who is attending to hand them out, a bit of a pain for them but it does work. I think it would be worth a joint forum e-mail to the organisers ahead of next year pointing out that they are making the system unworkable for us.

I've not managed to get a hold of mine, the post office and sorting office say they aren't holding anything for me. I will be meeting up at the services at about 6:30am so hopefully I can get my tickets at the same time as the others who haven't got theirs.

I picked mine up from the sorting office this morning, paid £1.09.

Spent all day cleaning the zed, and I'm sunburnt already :( looking forward to tomorrow, I will arrive around 7ish.

Do we just look for the z club stand in P3?

Cheers!

It'll be the zxclub stand I think, but yes. If you're coming around 7, why not meet us all at the services so we can all come in together.

sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk

Yeah could do, what time are you guys leaving the services?

Thanks

car washed and packed - lots of drinks / icepacks in the fridge and freezer, alarm set for stupid o'clock, now time to try and get some rest in this horrid heat.

O and the guys at the sorting office were being obstinate p***ks, wouldn't even look if there was something being held there for me as I didn't have a slip.

My son and I are here at the services already, spent the day at Donny watching the track day and chatting to some kit car owners,,, really want one now!!! Been looking at the v storm kit car, we must avoid the dusty road into Donny as my zed was completely smothered lol, see you guys in the morning.