help removing car stickers

djones39

Hi

Does anyone have any tips on removing a nismo car sticker from metallic paintwork? The sticker is really cheap looking - so it would be great to get shot of it.

Don't even mind paying a firm to do it - as long as they could guarantee not to damage the paintwork.

Any suggestion??

cheers

DAJ - Merseyside

2004 350z GT (Gunmetal)

Hi mate I used to have a celica with fast and furious type sticker on.. oh those were the days... when I sold it the guy didnt want the stickers so i agreed to take it off, i heated the stickers up with sisters hairdryer then peel them off but left a sticky substance behind. So I got some white spirit and it took the gluey gunk of straight away. That stuff works wonders :thumbs:

Hi mate I used to have a celica with fast and furious type sticker on.. oh those were the days... when I sold it the guy didnt want the stickers so i agreed to take it off, i heated the stickers up with sisters hairdryer then peel them off but left a sticky substance behind. So I got some white spirit and it took the gluey gunk of straight away. That stuff works wonders :thumbs:

+1 Hairdryer is always a good method for removing stickers and badges as it heats up the adhesive, just watch it doesn't go to melt point though