Waning Zeditus

HaydnH

I think I've finally found a cure for Zeditus! After my car was in a arage for 6 weeks I got around to detailing the car (just finished claying, loads more to do!) and the paintwork is horrendous! I don't think I ever want to take my car to another garage again! :rant: At least not with out booking Tim@Envy to do the car after they finish. At least the last time I was at Abbey (it wasn't them who had the car this time!) they asked if I was a 2 bucket man and asked if they should leave the car dirty. At least I've got the rest of the evening and all tomorrow to try and hand polish out all the marks.

Just to add insult to injury, I forgot to put the wipers down before popping the bonnet and snapped off the wiper spoiler thingy... oh well I guess Halfords will have some if my local Nissan doesn't have any OEM in stock before Wales. I have to go to Halfords anyway as my front number plate fell off as well. Why do we bother?!? :surrender::dry:

I think I might have to take up spread betting/gambling/selling drugs to cover Tim's salary and get him to permanently look after my car. :lol:

Edited by HaydnH

Sounds like its going well haydn :)

Rosie hasnt budged since wasso went over her on sunday. Got some hoovering to do on the carpets but sat out with a book and a glass of red wine atm enjoying the sun. Its a hard life detailing a car don't ya know

Edited by Will370z
  • Like 1

Just finished waxing mine. Dodo Juice Purple Haze Pro. Put it on by hand. Very different experience.

I don't mind waxing, but polishing by hand when you're looking for scratches with a sun gun is tiring as hell. Just done 1 wing and the bonnet with Menzerna SPF 2500 and need a break. Coming up well so far though... going to try the SPF4500 which is meant to be machine only afterwards for a lighter cut, hopefully it will work by hand. Then 2 coats of supernatural wax with cold distilled water and then I can start on the inside! Can we move Wales to next week please? :(

Christ I need aircon in the garage!

SF4500 (or PO85RD if you prefer) will be fine by hand on Nissan paint, so long as you make sure you work it fully.

Good luck with getting it finished in time. :thumbs:

I did read an article where an american guy did his pickup all in 1 go, not working it in fully and then when trying to buff off the whole truck he had a grey concrete type substance he couldn't remove... I'll do it a little at a time lol.

1 rear wing, both bumpers and sideskirts to go with the 2500...gotta take a break, my arms and back are killing me!