[SOLD] 2003 Gun Metal Grey GT, UK - Was £6750, now £6250

slimjim

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Top news peeps....

Clutch is in and wow, she must have been slipping BADLY!!

Glad I didn't try to sell her without having it done, would have had no power!!!

Anyway....

Clutch - DONE

V-Belts - DONE

Exhaust leak - DONE

Pseudo MOT - DONE

Service.jpg

So the Xorst was leaking slightly at one of the carriers. Was mentioned on the last MOT.

Been welded up so it is perfect again.

MOT isn't due for 2 months, but as they were working on it, they did a 'pseudo' test and said it would pass easily.

So, ready to be bought!!

Edited by slimjim

WOW £35ph, you don't see that very often. It riles me to see garages charging £70+ ph.

Why not keep her now she's perfect again?

Yup... local garage is pretty good for rates and they know what they are doing (Which is the BIG surprise!)

Need to sell her... I have BIG plans for the van ;)

WOW £35ph, you don't see that very often. It riles me to see garages charging £70+ ph.

Why not keep her now she's perfect again?

Yup... local garage is pretty good for rates and they know what they are doing (Which is the BIG surprise!)

Need to sell her... I have BIG plans for the van ;)

Ebay?

Or just sell it to me ...

Will HAVE to be for the asking price now, after I spent £270 on having the clutch, V-Belts and exhaust sorted.

Happily drive it down this week for cash B)

Bargain of a car. Cant believe it hasnt sold yet!

Best price on a clutch change ever!

No idea why it isn't selling... :yuck:

Personally, I think it is UNDER valued at £6250.... NEW clutch, NEW V-Belts... 6 months tax, MOT pass, kick ass stereo.... OEM and NOT messed with.

Can't think what I am doing wrong. :wacko:

A few people have been asking for specific shots of the car... and "new" shots of the car.

You guys are getting clever, going through my ownership thread and spotting some of the photos are actually quite old!

Sneaky ;)

So, I have JUST taken a load of new shots. To prove they are from "today" I have made them larger than I normally do.

Also means you can zoom in on them for a good look. :teeth:

Drivers Seat:

New_01.jpg

Gear Stick:

New_02.jpg

New_03.jpg

Passenger Seat:

New_04.jpg

Small lacquer run on the passenger wing, just in front of the passenger door:

New_05.jpg

Rear:

New_06.jpg

Front Stone chips:

New_07.jpg

New_08.jpg

New_09.jpg

Trying to show the "bad" paint job on the rear bumper.

You can see the middle lower section is slightly more "shiney" than the rest of it.

New_10.jpg

Shows very clearly here, no worse than you can see in the photo.

New_11.jpg

Shiney bit in the middle shows where a mark was blended in:

New_12.jpg

Hope that answers everyone's questions! B)

Also had a few similar questions from peeps.

So here are the questions and answers.....

Why did you remove the BOSE system? BOSE are good, right?

The BOSE head unit worked fine, unless you wanted to play and CD's!!!

They are renowned for being pants and the CD player dying.

Looked into fixing it but it was going to be a lot of money, so I decided to go for a "stealth" upgrade install.

Also the amps are not very good, as well as the sub and speakers.

When you think BOSE, you think great quality. but they are not REALLY bose at all!!!

BOSE just sold their name to Nissan to use for the car. Lots of car company's do it. :(

Could I easily take the system back to BOSE standard?

Well, I have all the system I took out and for full asking price, I would let it go with the car.

So you could do.

There are a few holes from the new ICE install.

A few made when fitting the new speaker collars in the doors.

The tweeter holders were "destroyed" to fit the new tweeter. But I DO have a new standard pair, which I will let go with the car.

Also, the "glovebox" (behind the passenger) has had sections removed from it. (See the photo's on my thread)

There were also alterations made to the sub enclosure, nut the OEM sub WOULD fit back in again.

Personally, I would never put the OEM stereo back in.

I have tried as much as I can to keep it looking OEM, but working well.

Plus the CD player would not work, without having it refurb'd (Which costs quite a bit)

How bad is the paintwork?

Photo's in the sales thread are new and show the paintwork.

To be honest, the paint is in VERY good condition for a 10 year old car.

I am just starting to get picky with my paint jobs on my new cars.

If people want more info, photo's or anything... just give me a shout and I will sort it out. B)

Another question I have been asked...

How is the Exhaust?

If you do a bit of a search, you will see I was asking about a replacement exhaust a while back.

This is because I had an advisory on my MOT. - "001 Rear Exhaust has a minor leak of exhaust gasses [7.1.2]"

Had a chat with the garage about it and it turns out it was leaking slightly where the rear support arm attaches the exhaust to the car body.

Garage advised that the hole was very small and that the exhaust was actually in good condition.

So they did a small weld job on the exhaust hanger and it is now no longer leaking and would not show as an advisory on the MOT. :)

So, those photos were taken 2 days ago now. Could you take some more so we can see how it looks today?

Can't believe you haven't sold this yet mate. It's a great car. Best colour too. :teeth:

So, those photos were taken 2 days ago now. Could you take some more so we can see how it looks today?

Can't believe you haven't sold this yet mate. It's a great car. Best colour too. :teeth:

HA HA HA .. yeah. I understand peeps wanting more up to date pics. Was kinda cheating.

Suppose I COULD have let the state of it slip in the time I owned it. Hopefully the photo's show that it is in as good, if not BETTER condition now. :)

Hmm looks nice not sure I want a gm but maybe intouch missing my zed to much

What colour ARE you looking for?

Must say love the marine tank just got rid off my nano tank

My tank is WAY easier to run than a nano, costs more to setup (obviously) but in a Nano the slightest issue and you can have a tank crash.

In mine, you can have problems and the water volume often saves you. :lol: