Dual Exhaust Identity

Jetpilot

After some recent unexpected expenditures and the telephone being slow at work i couldnt justify the cost of a new exhaust just yet, but couldnt live with the muffled sound. So i snapped this up and been trying to identify what make it might be, if its not a replica, i have not received it yet but told it has no markings, but is stainless etc

Looks like an HKS to me, or at least copy of.

350zexhaust_zps4bb8678b.jpg

possibly an Invidia???? - can't make out the backbox bery well though.

I thought that but the brackets between the two silencers look different to Invidia ones. Will get some better pics when i get it and see if i can pin it down then, it was cheap enough so not too worried, sure it will sound nice, certainly better than standard anyway :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally got this on and really happy, great noise, so so much nicer than oem, still a shade on the quiet side though.

I know its impossible to give a uniform answer but does fitting hfc's make a huge difference to noise levels or just for example a notable difference and does anyone think silenced decats would push it over the edge?

Needs to be track friendly, 100db @ 1m away is the worst i will have to contend with, any ideas.

Edited by Jetpilot

• 1 month later...

A quick noob question, what's the advantage of a true dual exhaust over a y-pipe version? Or is it down to sound and personal preference?

Presumably with a full exhaust system, I.e. new y pipe, high flow cats, and back box you'd get similar performance? Unless you changes the manifolds for for the true dual system?

I'm sure it's been answered before, but some of the threads have dead links and I'd rather ask this forum than others. :)

Edited by wmr1980