clutch pedal floppy after long drive.

letsgotopless

Hi all, Had 55plate Z 16 months now and still same problem throughout with clutch pedal fading to near floor when engine etc hot. Even worse when brake pedal pushed at same time. When cooled down all returns to normal. Not done 46,000 miles yet and i drive conservatively! (crazy I know)

Changed fluid but not sorted although was not upgraded type so replacing with DOT 4 Motul RBF600 as seen others here and in US. cured the same problem with this.

I believe the fluid line gets overheated from the manifold and vapour lock occurs.

Not looked yet but should there be a heat shield to prevent this I am thinking.

Glenn.

Nice one Paddy, thank you for the referral mate.

As what Paddy has said.

Swop out the slave and line and put some fresh fluid in and bleed properly and you should be sorted.

If you are unlucky then you may require a master cyl as well but try the above first.

All parts are in stock and good to go same/next day if required.

Just drop me a PM if I can help further.

Alex. :)

Thanks guys.

Will try uprated fluid first.

If its the slave (or master) cylinder then why does it only happen when everything is well and truly hot and not when cooler or in first hour or so of driving?

Because the seals get hot and loose and floppy and let fluid past them.

I had this happen to mine, and only changed the slave. Didn't fix it so had to do the master as well, and the cost of the job isn't in the parts it's in the labour. If you possibly can, do both slave and master at the same time, it's one less thing to worry about and it's only about £100 more. Might not even be that, I can't remember now, but I do know that nearly a days worth of labour to bleed the clutch system properly isn't cheap...