French Trip 2014

I know it's a some to till 2014 but i'm planning a trip to France in May or June next year. I will be taking the Z and staying for 10 to 14 days. The problem is i've never been to France and am stuck to decide where to stay.

I'm in a quandary whether to go down the West coast, do central France or just stick to the boarder routes past Belgium, Luxenbourg down towards Geneva. I dont want to travel much further south than Dijon.

Ideally i want to find a Gite that sleeps two with off road parking to use as a base, then tour about the region from there.

So far i've come up with a couple of options. (1) Get the ferry to St Malo and drive South from there, both the West coast and central areas can be accessed from there. option (2) Which is probibly the prefered option, Euro tunnel then drive South from there doing the boarder routes.

I have search hundreds of sites and get more confused the more i search just because of the sheer choice at hand.

Any advice or pointers are welcomed.

Hi Rothers, I live in Luxembourg (and have done so for 14 years now) so could provide you with some pointers. What are the main things you're looking for on the trip? (i.e. driving roads, sightseeing, etc?).

Cheers,

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

The trip will be a little of everything, sight seeing, drinking some wine :teeth:, catching a few rays (well for Linda anyway). The perfect day would probibly go, get up. breakfast, drive + sight seeing, return late afternoon, put feet up beside a pool or in a garden with a bottle and some cheese.

The trip is not necessarily going to be French specific i:e day trips to Luxenbourg, Gremany or Geneva but a central base is preferable. We want to get far enought south to almost guarantee some walm weather.

Nancy / Dijon seems to be decent locations to do most things but as i know absolutely nothing about any of the French regions i'm in the dark on where to go so any advice will be greatfully received.

Ps What is the weather like at this time of year Late June?

Edited by rothers2901

We are doing a 10 day trip to France this year, I will let you have any ideas when I get back. Our planned route is ferry from Hull to Zeebruuge, a couple of nights in Reims, down to Sancerre for the wine, then through the Loire Valley, more wine, back up to Rouen then last night in Brugge before the ferry back.

We are doing a 10 day trip to France this year, I will let you have any ideas when I get back. Our planned route is ferry from Hull to Zeebruuge, a couple of nights in Reims, down to Sancerre for the wine, then through the Loire Valley, more wine, back up to Rouen then last night in Brugge before the ferry back.

Sounds great, did read your thread and will wait your update thanks.

Edited by rothers2901

Careful what dates you go, prices might raise up quite a bit for ferries or euro tunnel around Monaco GP time.

Thanks, Monaco is in early May and there are also no French school holidays in the end of June which is probably our prefered dates