Getting to know you.

Rick_1138

Well had the car for a week now and starting to get a feel for it.

Makes me smile each time i start it, diesel Audi's do not do this :)

Gave the car a good wash and detail on saturday, unfortunately no pics as was the busiest day ever over sat and sun with bike restoration work, going to the cinema and being out with mates on the big bike on sunday.

However the car was given a proper soak and 2 bucket wash with poorboys suds. polished with light polish pad as paint is soft and a wax of auto glym detail finish.

Ordered Nissan wheel centres last week so hopefully they will arrive soon and be the right size!

Falken 452's arrived and are getting fitted this week, the winetr tyres while good are a bit squishy on left right flicks !!

Figured out the sat nav and more improtantly hw to turn it off lol.

Had a good look over the car and a few wee issues to sort, such as lacquer peel on a few areas on the near side, and the boot lid was too high on one side, i found that this was due to the bracket beind fitted upside down, so swapped it back and all is flush, however the boot lid doesnt open enough to miss the catch so when i open the boot it catches on the lock again, so need to see if i can get the boot struts to lift it higher??

Other than that all seems well, car runs straight, sounds fine, no hesitation or odd clunks, service is due in a few months i think but should be basic p1 if i am reading it right, but will speak with my indie.

Brave pills for the next road tax payment though haha.

will get some pics up once all the little bits are sorted.

Rick

Glad you're enjoying the new Zed :) about the boot, though, it's not the struts, it'll be the spring poppers at each bottom corner of the lid, it's their job to lift the boot beyond the catch, so search for the penny trick or source some new ones from Zmanalex :thumbs:

Are the poppers the things that have a concertina sort of affair going on, or the rubber bungs at the bottom of the bootlid?

Are they easy enough to replace if i need new ones, i.e. not wired in or something daft like they are glued in?