ENGINE TORQUE DAMPER KIT - *CLOSED*

trigg

fixed that for you :)

IMG-20130708-WA0009_zpsdaa6843b.jpg

yours looks different to mine lol mine looks a bit darker blue and haven't got "gold" nuts on the... all blue and silver :)

Supplier had sent this turquoise one as a blue :/ I did confirm with skylinev35 if this ok.

Yeah i said it was ok! I didnt mind! Finally after a few scrapped knuckles.. its there! Stupid multi hex swiss army knife thing is not ideal for the job! I was swearing like a trooper lol

Thanks for fixing the pic.

Edited by SkylineV35

Does anyone's actually damp at all. Mine doesn't seem to compress at all. There doesn't seem to be any way for it to move unless you remove stuff. Or is it not supposed to compress, is it more of a shock absorber?

its to stop movement, to make the engine more responsive,

There is no movement or space for movement. It's full inside of white plastic and 2 rock hard rubber rings, suppose there will be some give in it with the right force.

Anyways, mine is in. Guys before you start make sure the non adjustable end fits into the bracket and the nut goes through. I had to pack up half way through fitting to go and grind the bracket down slightly.

And get a m10 nut and bolt to replace the supplied one that connects the bracket to the non adjustable end. The supplied ones baffled me, the nuts a non metric size so I didn't have any spanners to fit it properly and the bolt need the a Allen style head that was far bigger than any thing I had.

And the coolant tank comes off really easily so undo the bolt and move that out of the way. Made it 10 times easier with that moved

Yeh was about to say once the coolant tank was out the way it was like a blessing!

20130709_170729_zps045887cf.jpg

Also relocating the earthing cable, i had to bend the clip with some grips so that the wire casing didnt touch the radiator pipe.

Edited by SkylineV35

• 3 weeks later...

I've had mine on for a few weeks now. Not driven the car loads but it does seem to be an improvement. The car seems a lot smoother, it seems to eliminate the slight shake you get when initially booting it or dropping a gear. Obviously no improvement in performance but the car is a little nicer to drive now.

Worth the £50ish we payed easily. Not sure in be throwing £284 at the stillen one though as I'm pretty sure mine was made in the same factory and for a part that doesn't move and quite simple in design I honestly don't see where the extra £230 comes from.

• Like 1

I've had mine on for a few weeks now. Not driven the car loads but it does seem to be an improvement. The car seems a lot smoother, it seems to eliminate the slight shake you get when initially booting it or dropping a gear. Obviously no improvement in performance but the car is a little nicer to drive now.

Worth the £50ish we payed easily. Not sure in be throwing £284 at the stillen one though as I'm pretty sure mine was made in the same factory and for a part that doesn't move and quite simple in design I honestly don't see where the extra £230 comes from.

+1 totally agree with you on the booting it part and downshifting! =) Thanks for sorting out the group buy much appreciated! :clap:

+1 totally agree with you on the booting it part and downshifting! =) Thanks for sorting out the group buy much appreciated! :clap:

no worries chaps, cut out the middle man, spend your savings on fuel :)