Removing overspray from powdercoated wheels

Pnthrblkzs

Any tips on the best way/products to remove what i presume is overspray from my Powdercoated alloys?

I've just had the bumper, bonnet, wings resprayed on my car to remove the stone chips and on inspection of my rear wheels i can now feel a rough finish where the wheels were perfectly smooth before (they were powdercoated in November 2012)

I haven't spoken to the bodyshop asking them to sort this yet but to be honest if it is easy enough to do i'd rather sort it myself so i know its done properly without risk of damaging the finish on the wheels.

I've googled already for advise and have read of people using polish such as AG SRP and T-Cut, also some people have used thinners to sort it (which scares me a little, lol)??

The wheels will be coming off sometime this weekend to fit spacers which will make the clean up easier i guess.

All opinions welcomed

Thanks, Jon

A good cutting compound should do it, if doing it by hand then you can be a little more agressive too. Try some Megs Ultimate Compound and see where that gets you, if a good ol' fashioned claying doesn't shift it.

A good cutting compound should do it, if doing it by hand then you can be a little more agressive too. Try some Megs Ultimate Compound and see where that gets you, if a good ol' fashioned claying doesn't shift it.

That. Try claying first, depending on which clay you've got (and how aggressive it is) it should shift overspray.