High mileage

steve916

Many are of the opinion that if these engines are serviced well they will last.

I've read quite a few posts recently similar to this and it seems there a quite a few members in America whose engines are on or around 200,000, I think a couple of users on this forum are on 120,000 ish.

Just look through the history thoroughly for regular services with quality parts.

Perhaps consider the resale though as, like yourself, people are dubious about high mileage cars.

Mines at 97 with no issues.

I think look at service history & consider if you're gonna keep for life then not an issue.

Also if body is mint then longer term you could always drop another lump into it if you've saved on the initial purchase price anyway.

Nothing wrong with high milers if there looked after properly but you have to take into account the wear and tear on all the other bits not just the engine.

The old jap plastics can suffer over time if care isnt taken and the seats can also wear. Then theres the running gear etc

None of this is a show stopper aslong as its reflected in the price.

If its going to annoy you though and you end up replacing bits over time then you have a car that could cost as much as a low miler with high miles on it.

Its always the same, spend as much as you can and get the best condition with the lowest miles and you likely get a nicer car..

if you just want to have the zed experience and not looking for long term ownership it could be more prudent to buy a cheap one and move it on after a short while.

If only this hadn't been covered eleventyfour times recently.

Summary; the engine's good for 200,000+ miles if maintained well. Buy on condition not on mileage. Thread done.

Sorry

Mine is pn 112k had it since 67k had to replace clutch/flywheel at 78k other than that not cost me a penny except servicing :teeth:

A Zed engine looked after is pretty bullet proof I eould be more concerned about bodywork and interior than milege :thumbs:

Thanks Dave

Nothing wrong with high milers if there looked after properly but you have to take into account the wear and tear on all the other bits not just the engine.

The old jap plastics can suffer over time if care isnt taken and the seats can also wear. Then theres the running gear etc

None of this is a show stopper aslong as its reflected in the price.

If its going to annoy you though and you end up replacing bits over time then you have a car that could cost as much as a low miler with high miles on it.

Its always the same, spend as much as you can and get the best condition with the lowest miles and you likely get a nicer car..

if you just want to have the zed experience and not looking for long term ownership it could be more prudent to buy a cheap one and move it on after a short while.

Thanks. Overall condition would be pretty high up on my list :)