My 350z progress thread

Stu_2424

• 2 weeks later...

So after my pressure washer and some cleaning treats came last week I was itching to try them out today:

So started out with a quick blast from the new Nillfisk pressure washer and then a snow foaming using the AD lance and Magifoam.

Then washed using the two bucket method and Dodo juices Sour Power shampoo.

This was more a test session whilst I wait for my Poorboys glaze and DoDo wax and sealer to arrive this week :)

Anyway some during photos:

gady6y3u.jpg

ebe5yger.jpg

3edazeje.jpg

ha7y4adu.jpg

And when done:

py3uzega.jpg

my8e5yra.jpg

yzu3adyp.jpg

eguhe4uj.jpg

yburatat.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

foam looks a bit thin but good end result B)

I agree, I've mentioned it in the detailing thread as to what would increase the thickness?

I had the dial on the lance as far negative as it would go as the positive made it thinner and I out an inch worth of fluid in the bottle that came with the lance.

Any tips?

Thanks

Did you mix water/snow foam on the bottle ? If so reduce the water

The foam needs to be thicker when the car is dirtier to allow it to dwell longer

I use a cocktail of shampoo, warm water and super snow foam but vary the amounts depending on how dirty the car is

The foam needs to be thicker when the car is dirtier to allow it to dwell longer

I use a cocktail of shampoo, warm water and super snow foam but vary the amounts depending on how dirty the car is

Yeah used about an inch in the supplied bottle and then filled to top with water.

Maybe more is needed next time then :) thanks

Yeah used about an inch in the supplied bottle and then filled to top with water.

Or just use a little less water. ;) I leave a gap at the top of my bottle every time rather than fill it to the brim with water.

Zed looks great btw Stu. B)

Or just use a little less water. ;) I leave a gap at the top of my bottle every time rather than fill it to the brim with water.

She is off to the body shop on Friday for some works before Japfest do won't have her for a week :o

That amount will be determined by how long you want it to last, no point putting too little in if you don't get all round the car :thumbs:

So an update on the work from today:

Finally fitted the side steps I had from Tarmac several weeks ago,

Easy to fit and I love look of them against the gunmetal :)

e5epa8yn.jpg

jejeda9a.jpg

u6edurub.jpg

Repaired the heat shield which had pulled itself through the nuts so a large washer solved that on each bolt.

Then spent a large part of the afternoon modifying a splitter I had from ex cars to fit the front of the zed and have a fit I was happy with.

The plan for this is to have it sprayed gloss black when it's in the bodyshop next weekend to match the side steps.

Then the Zunsport grill will be refitted and will blend in with the newly wrapped lower part of the bumper :)

y6e5a4am.jpg

hu2ety2a.jpg

So just picked up the car from the bodyshop, very happy with the result :)

I'll let the pictures say the rest:

u6upadum.jpg

e2u4umy2.jpg

duzyzu8e.jpg

ute4aher.jpg

Just the grille, splitter and plate to refit now before Japfest!

• Like 1

So they removed your plate and put it in your windscreen? What else? :shrug:

Looks great Stu :thumbs: Exactly what I want to do. Just sell me your bumper please :teeth:

• Like 1

Look's good but, ...why haven't you put the number plate just that little bit higher so it sits on your bumper more?

Just wondered as I'd have thought that when you're driving the wind pressure against the number plate at the bottom would cause it to pull away from the bumper at the top. Go fast enough and it might even come off. :scare::dry: