How to remove seats

Arran

Evening all

Want to take my seats out so they can be clinically cleaned :lol: also to shampoo carpet underneath.

How easy is it to take the seats out? Do you have to disconnect the battery aswell seeing as there are wires underneath the seats?

Cheers all

Arran

Simples! four bolts. Important to disconnect battery as some of the wires are for the air bags. However, undo the bolts first otherwise you won't be able to move the seat back and forth to get at them. you might also want to recline them forward and remove headrests to make it easier to get them out of the car.

So:

1. Undo bolts

2. Disconnect battery

3. Undo all wiring connectors.

4. Remove seats

The wires are clipped onto the underside of the seat, to the springs, and can be a bit tricky to unclip. Its not jsut a case of undoing the connectors. I found it easiest to undo the back bolts first, then slide the seat fully back, undo the fronts and bring it forward and tilt back so it could balance there while I struggled with the wire clips. Once you disconnect of course, you can't adjust the seat angle any more. Or disconnect battery first, as Leonk says

Search for the airbag reset procedure here also

Edited by Supratad

What he said. but I need the seats in the reclined position Arran otherwise I cant get under the side bolster that needs the operation.

I will be there when you do it so no worries.

I have a nice Marrigold yellow to try out if you want?

And stop knocking the phone. my iPad is always double posting on here.

I just don' think the Android can handle the forum! :)