Jamaica

Jay

Hey guys and gals, my fiancée Laura and I have just booked our honeymoon to Jamaica at Secrets St. James in Motego bay. I was just wondering if anyone had been to the island before and can recommend excursions etc.

Cheers

Jay

Hey mate we are off to Jamaica at the start of June, which is the start of their "rainy season" but that doesnt worry us at all as we went to Barbados around the same time a few years back and the weather was fantastic. We looked at Mexico aswell actually but just fancied a wee bit of the paradise island. Cant wait!

I've been to Ocho Rios in June a few years back which is an hour or so away. I think we had one day of rain so I wouldn't worry about it.

As we were in Ocho we did the Dunnes River falls which was absolutely fantastic, fresh water falls which you climb and there's lots of little rock pools and natural slides. If you plan on doing this make sure you take some good beach shoes with good grip as it can be a little slippy. Also leave wedding rings etc at in your room safe as your fingers will shrink and it's quite common for them to come off newly weds.

We also went into Ocho Rios but we felt a little intimidated even having a couple if taxi drivers arguing which of then had our custom even though we told them we didn't want a taxi so we tended to stick to the beach after that.

We loved the climate and the fantastic beaches but be warned you will get approached to buy weed by almost everyone and you will smell it everywhere. We even got a little high sat on our balcony one evening and neither of us smoke or had tried the stuff.

Have a great time

• Like 1

It was Riviera Maya we went to last time we went abroad but we stayed at the Ocean Maya Royale. I really enjoyed that place. Very up to date & great restaurants, especially the Japanese called Yokoosu or something like that.

I think we have loomed at the one you mentioned, was one recommended by the woman in first choice.

I went a few yrs ago as my sis got married there. We went to ocha rios too. loved it. everyone so v friendly.

We did the freshwater falls too and the swimming with dolphins as well which was really great. still have vid of me holding their fins and being pulled along by them with bob marleys "could you be loved" as a sound track they put on it.classic.

talking of bob.my sis and new hubbie went to blue mountains (famous for Coffee) and visited bobs mauselium. they thought that was great although the guide had a joint on the go the whole time and was trying to persuade everyone including some elderly couple to have a toke for bob lol

Getting high on your balcony for free?? Sounds awesome!! :lol:

I know what you're saying but it actually made me feel sick

It's actually an illegal activity but for the most part the officials turn a blind eye to it. In fact at the resort we stayed in the main supplier was some guy who sat in his boat 50m or so off the beach so he wasn't on hotel property. I'm assuming his product was in water right bags :lol:

As I say never felt the need to try the stuffs d never actually tried smoking so it just doesn't do it for me. My point was that it is everywhere and don't take offence if even the pool boy offers to get you some ;)

We will probably go back some day too