Toyo r888 trackday tyres

andy james

I know there has been a lot of chat regarding these tyres.

I am currently running Yokohama AD08s which are probably one of the best all round tyres, but the lack of grip on track days and

Sprints is letting me down and i am losing so much time due to a lack of traction.

Also sizes are not quite exactly as standard (225/40/18 front 245/40/18 rear) or (235/40/18 front 255/35/18 rear)

I dont do many miles so wear is not an issue.

Feedback from anyone who has any experience with these on a zed would be appreciated.

Andy

I use 888s and they are awesome!

Massive improvement in grip compared to the other tyres I have tried and you can stop quicker on them, they do wear fast I now have 2 sets of alloys one for track one for road.

They are however not so good in the wet especially when they are past half worn.

If you can afford a set try them I don't think you will be sorry.

I use 888s and they are awesome!

Massive improvement in grip compared to the other tyres I have tried and you can stop quicker on them, they do wear fast I now have 2 sets of alloys one for track one for road.

They are however not so good in the wet especially when they are past half worn.

If you can afford a set try them I don't think you will be sorry.

Thanks Chris.

Do you think the bigger sizes would be ok?

I ran 245/40/18 front 275/40/18 rear on 9.5" and 10.5" rimms great feel and feedback never had traction control or slip lights coming on although I do turn tcs off as soon as I start the Zed.

Edited by Keyser

hey andy this is totaly of topic but love the car im the guy you were speaking to at gurston down on sunday, abosulty awsome machine total sleeper and the jet noise it makes just makes me wana charge my car so much. just a quick question are you still running the standard suspension on the z and what splitter is that you have? its look awsome..

Alex

I ran 225/40/10 and 245/40/18 on the standard Rays and my car was fine, no issues with TCS at all. That said, some have had issues with those sizes so it might be very hit and miss, seems to dependant on the car itself.

Best tyres I've ever used, just treat standing water as you would if you were running normal tyres at very low tread and you'll be fine. :)

Where are you trying to order from? I know that Toyo have reduced their suppliers, plus it's the start of the racing season and so racers get priority (although I doubt there's too many running that size).

Tried a few on line companies and a few local to me and none are able to get hold of any!

Looks like Demon Tweeks are my only option at the moment,but they are bloody expensive!