Tablet advice

Harryjax

Office as standard is a massive win. I got pages and numbers (apple equivalent) they fill the gap but aren't as good as office.

When I was at school, the whole school's IT suite was Macintosh (this is early 90s) that's when they got their hooks into me! I'm in Blackpool, seemingly local to no one...

I have an asus transformer TF300t It has the detachable keyboard lots of battery and fulll size USB and an SD slot in both the screen and the keyboard.

Its a quad processor and very fast.

I like it a lot.

However I have just bought a 16 gig nexus 7 for the zed but its so portable and just as fast as the TF300t that I am thinking of getting another and selling the transformer. The only thing that would make it better would be a keyboard so a blutooth keyboard case is the next purchase.

Edited by flyboy

I'm a dyed in the wool pc man. Just am. I've built my own for more years than I can remember. My desktop PC will eat a mac for breakfast, lunch and tea. (No pun intended). However apple mobile devices are just so much better than stuff running on windows and android. There's just too many bugs and glitches where apps don't work and connectivity fails. I must have missed the budget part of this. So if you can stretch to it, go for an ipad. Get the base model. It might not claim as some of the new tablets do, to do this or that, but what it's says it does, it does.

Apple stuff just works. They sync well with apple or windows computers and connect to everything. Many of the new tablets herald big claims and may well do a couple of neat new tricks, but 10 mins of testing in comparison, which is good advice will prove to you that Apple mobile devices do exactly what it says on the tin and 10 mins of pressing an app on an android or windows table with nothing happening will soon prove your money was well spent on an ipad.

If you need to, wait a bit till your budget matches and get the ipad. It is the mobile device. More so for a woman. I saved up and bought an ipad last, may walked in the house and never saw it again. The lady of the house adopted it and that was that. She loves it.

Not to be outdone I Waited and bought my own ipad mini, base model (not 3G), I just tether it to my iphone Internet hotspot and that's it. And it just works every time.

I still love my pc, but if its mobile, it's apple.

I loathed iTunes on Windows, so unreliable and slow, but it runs like a dream on my iMac (the 520GB SSD probably helps!). Can't decide if apple make it deliberately rubs on windows or if they simply don't put in enough effort on the transfer.

I've got Windows VM, for those odd applications I want. It's the best running windows machine I've ever had!

• Like 1

If you just want to surf the web I suspect your be happy with any tablet.

What are you wanting Bluetooth to do?

I've just realised we had just about every generation of the iPad in the family, to be quite honest the original iPad is as useable as the current iPad 4. Yes the screen on the new one is pretty but functionally they are all the same.

Apple stuff is great but very overpriced, again i speak from experience of having owned/used just about every mac desktop/laptop since the 1990's, but the user experience is so much better than what you get on a Windows machine....I keep on telling my self the next computer I get wouldn't be a overpriced Mac...Currently waiting delivery on a Retina MacBookPro with a SSD :D

Edited by gangzoom
  • Like 2

Ok guys thanks for all advise.

I was taking to a work colleague who told me he has a tablet that belongs to his wife that she never uses.

It's called an e-touch it has a 7" screen 2GB memory and is running on Android 4.0x ice cream sandwich HDMI USB CAMERA COLOUR SCREEN does email file browsing HD compatable. Comes with a leather case. And keyboard. Charger and other cables.

He's offered me it for less than £40.

Is it ok for what I'm looking for and is that a fair price. ?