PICKED UP MY 350Z FRIDAY - WOW !

Hey all, i picked my 350z GT up on friday and have had a mental weekend costing about £70 in petrol, lol, the car is brilliant i love it, everything works and the performance, wow!. The looks you get, i have had people come upto me asking what car it is, saying nice car mate, all sorts i love it, and only being 20, i think i have done well, the best car i have ever owned by a long shot, lol.

I love the spec, the car has everything !

Im going to take some pics this week hopefully and i will up laod them, when i give it a good clean, both inside and out. Only pic i got is from previous owner so dont wan2 load them up.

One or two maybe slight problems, i am getting this clicking noise from the rear i think it is a common problem, its the rear left every now and then i thin, maybe both sides, if i go to pull away i get a slight click, and sometimes from a complete stand still going into reverse, and sometimes when taking drive say from 1st to 2nd, any idea's please ?

Also im getting a creaking noise i think from the rear suspension ?

I have read up on the clicking and nissan posted a tsb, i went to nissan and this does not effect my car, checked chassis number, any ideas, i would be much greatfull!

O and when is the next meet down south ?

:welcome: to the forum Marky

now how your feeling. We all have felt the same when we picked up our Z.

find out if your car is under warranty still. If it is then the dealer should sort it. If the dealer won't sort it, try another dealer.

It has jsut came out of warrenty, i went to nissan yesterday and said about the tsb raised by nissan, and they ran a check of my chassis number and said it shouldnt effect my car as such, but im sure it is the in-famous clicky rear axle, it sort of clicks when taking up drive, and say from going 1st to reverse, not a load click though, any ideas on best course of action, i printed of from nissan.help the tsb and it tells me to re-lube the plates on the shafts as such, any ideas ?

Also why is the rear creaking as such, when i pull on my drive, it creaks, mmmmmmmm intresting!

still though with these minor problems this car is by far amazing, im going alton towers the weekend and cant wait, long old drive in my 350Z!

Any help would be much greatfull guys, thanks !

Has anyone actualy handed there car to nissan, and got the rear axle problem fixed, went nissan today they said they have just posted a new tsb with regards the rear axle click, posted it today, any ideas, comments ?

what threw nissan or ?, just i have no idea how much it going to cost, but i guess a fair bit!. Just wondering if anyone has had first hand experience with it, or ppl who have had the problem fixed, and how, where ?

what threw nissan or ?, just i have no idea how much it going to cost, but i guess a fair bit!. Just wondering if anyone has had first hand experience with it, or ppl who have had the problem fixed, and how, where ?

I had mine done a few weeks ago, but that was under warranty, it don't look to be much of a job if you are handy with the spanners, drop the offending shaft off, grease the face up, turn it 180 degrees and refit and that seems to be the fix, have a look at this bulletin:

http://www.nissanhelp.com/Ownership/Bul ... 04-065.htm

Cheers mick

Sure i remember someone paying about £800 to have it done :scare:

I wonder what would happen if you just left it to click away? Mine is going in on Tuesday to have mine done. My dealer said that Nissan have told them that from now on any models newer than 55 plates should not need the components replacing and therefore now all they will do for mine is to just regrease them which is only a temporary fix :dry:

I wonder what would happen if you just left it to click away? Mine is going in on Tuesday to have mine done. My dealer said that Nissan have told them that from now on any models newer than 55 plates should not need the components replacing and therefore now all they will do for mine is to just regrease them which is only a temporary fix :dry:

If you look at that bulletin link I posted they only give a time of 1.1 hrs to do both sides, when I took mine in they phoned by 11:00am to say that it was done and the car was ready for picking up, I can't believe it would cost that much to do (£800)

think that was replacing the hubs, not just the 180 degree spin repair :)

You must be right. Well Nissan said they don't replace the hubs on newer cars anymore as Nissan reckon they have rectified the issue :dry: