Scenic driving routes to Sheffield???

So in a few hours I'll be driving from South London to Sheffield for a friend's wedding this weekend.

Has anybody got any advice on any scenic routes on the way. Specifically going this early for the drive and possibly the opportunity to take some great photos on the way. Not necessarily the car. I really enjoy taking photos of the landscape.

My hotel is in the Peak District so dependant on what time I get there, I might go for a hike.

Planning on going on the Snake Pass. But that is all I know of.

Pls help.

Cheers!

Snake is the best one I found round there when I lived in Sheff. Sadly, it does attract a special kind of nobhead sometimes though, I've seen some crazy overtakes of three and four cars on tiny straights with dirty great blind corners at the end, where you're just waiting for the massive crunch. Usually a mid-range saloon driven by Mr. I Have To Get There 3 Minutes Sooner, Even If I Do Plough Into A Micra With A Family In It.

Last time i was in Sheffield i was competing in the Pond's Forge Arena or something like that. Across from it was the biggest high rise flats I've ever saw in my life!

I was also victim of racism twice. First time was in the bakers round the corner, where the sales assistant kept ignoring me and served all the other customers first, including a few eastern europeans!

Second time was when i tried to pay for my parking and the machine wouldn't accept my Scottish £10 notes, but took Euro's WTF.

Anyway i had a great night out at Gatecrasher's night club with a few guy's from the Dutch national team!