Honeycomb Grills

Mikesding

When I first got my car I had a look for some aftermarket 'honeycomb' grills to replace the standard one - a year later and I've still not seen any, has anyone seen any for sale or know where I could find one? Or would it have to be a DIY job?

I'm thinking it would look like the Audi RS models, like the below image... I will attempt to photoshop when I get back home, unless someone better than me wants to try? :lol:

audi-b8-matte-black-grille.jpg

gallery_16863_163_216909.jpg

I had that done, wanted honeycomb but went with the safe option of diamond mesh. Looked much better than standard anyway

A lot of people go with the zunsport grille but I think it sits too far forward. The black zunsport is ok but personally I think the silver looks cheap

This was mine

SDC10209.jpg

I had that done, wanted honeycomb but went with the safe option of diamond mesh. Looked much better than standard anyway

A lot of people go with the zunsport grille but I think it sits too far forward. The black zunsport is ok but personally I think the silver looks cheap

This was mine

SDC10209.jpg

Could I just ask what kit this is on the front? I suppose it's a lip, but looks really nice.

Not a fan of the zunsport grills to be honest, looks a bit too 'old school'.

Thanks for that Alex - having not taking the front bumper off yet, how easy is it to remove the existing grill pieces?

EDIT: never mind just seen page 2 :lol:

Edited by Mikesding

After looking a bit closer - there are 3 bars across the pre 06 grill too, only 2 bars on the post 06. I hadn't even noticed they were different apart from the reflectors!

These "bars" on the facelift are actually screw on body coloured caps.

You can get to the fixing screws from behind either by removing the bumper or you can get your hand down from the top through the big gap where the bonnet catch is.

Once you remove those caps you will be left with some pretty ugly slats but if you are covering with black mesh you won't see them (or you can dremel them off I guess).

There are some pics on my build thread that show before, during and after (although I mounted a Zunsport grille - which I realsie you don't like - but the principle is similar).

David

Edited by Tinyflier

This was mine

SDC10209.jpg

Could I just ask what kit this is on the front? I suppose it's a lip, but looks really nice.

JP vizage type b lip