Vehicle wrapping - why?

twobears

• 2 weeks later...

Wow there are some figures being bounded around here. Full colour respray on a normal size car (350) in base and clear would be £2k for a top quality job. You could get it done for £1k if you went 2 pack, both excluding engine bay but does include door and boor shuts. I have had quite a few cars, bikes and jet skis sprayed, the guy who does it has had many a magazine featured car so is no mug.

The only benefit i can see to wrap is being able to remove if you are wanting a mad colour and worried about its resale.

Bounty Bar Kid, why dont you have to tell dvla of the colour change if its wrap??

So will I get the chance to see your wrapped car in Wales Octet? I have never seen one close up so I would be interested to see the finish :) I do like the turquoise colour as you already know.

You may have to be moving fast to see that Zed close up ;):lol:

But he would keep up with us though Chris :)

You dont have to tell DVLA as its only the outside of the vehicle that geys wrapped. The inside door surrounds and pillers are left original.

Hence its classed as paint protection.

However you do need to tell your unsurance as they need to price it accordingly incase of a crunch.

If you use the decent stuff it will protect against stone chips and will even stand up to lazy gits who don't know where the empty shopping trolly lives.

It's a Marmite thing!

Edited by 4RE Leather

Wow there are some figures being bounded around here. Full colour respray on a normal size car (350) in base and clear would be £2k for a top quality job. You could get it done for £1k if you went 2 pack, both excluding engine bay but does include door and boor shuts. I have had quite a few cars, bikes and jet skis sprayed, the guy who does it has had many a magazine featured car so is no mug.

The only benefit i can see to wrap is being able to remove if you are wanting a mad colour and worried about its resale.

Bounty Bar Kid, why dont you have to tell dvla of the colour change if its wrap??

Don't have to tell the DVLA/DVA because it's not a permanent change. Wraps only last for about 5 years, give or take depending on how the car is used and kept. Still have to tell your insurance, though.