The furthest ive been in the zed

kiingsi

Done Chester to Edinburgh before now, cruise control at 70 on mways then took the scenic route just past Carlisle much better off the mway!

I think I averaged around 26mpg there and back but mine is a roadster and had some top down action on the A roads.

You must have gone through Luxembourg I assume... (fuel for a fill up in far cheaper than the rest of surrounding Europe) - currently about 15p a litre cheaper for Super Unleaded :)

As for the best fuel economy, it's always best to grab a beer, take a seat in the garden and just admire your Zed... so you still get to enjoy it ;)

Not sure I understand..... Chester (NW England) to Edinburgh (SE Scotland) as cheap as the fuel is that wouldn't be as economical. My post was to highlight the fact there are better roads than all motorway ;)

Ah @*!#, I was referring to BM's post where he went from Calais to Cologne. :doh:

With you on that there are better roads that the motorway though! Got some great driving roads through the forest in northern Luxembourg... twists, turns, hairpins.... and the road quality in terms of tarmac and lack of potholes is fantastic. Further benefits to living in a tax haven.

• Like 1

Cardiff is the furthest I've been, 320 mile round trip in a day with only about 20 miles on the M4. Did 10% of my annual mileage that day :lol: . Not the greatest of drives, from Oswestry to Shrewsbury it's dualled but with roundabouts every couple of miles or so then it's just twisting turning A roads full of slow moving truck convoys until you get well past Hereford. If you take the M5 then there's every chance you'll get stuck around the M5, M6 junction.

Pete

Well I got here and I can't say I did bad managed 30mpg at about 70 all the way apart from when I got stuck in traffic.

Had a little bit of a spirited drive when I got past new castle but only for about 10 mile.

Just under half a tank left and done 265 miles. (Not sure how them computers work they must be wrong because my calculations wasn't right with that)

I will be filling up for the way home and this time will not be going for mpg's I had to restrain my self on way here so to hell with it on the way home :D

Lol RS8055, nah just stuck to the E45 for the most of it, through France, Belgium and Holland then into Germany (which is when you are light on fuel and can reach a high speed rather quickly, haha)

Ah fair enough! You'd be surprised how many good driving roads we have in Luxembourg (up north of country especially) and the bonus? - We have no fixed speed cameras in the entire country... ;) the french are terrible for fines (even if you are doing less than 10% over)... and best bit: Nordschleife is 1h30 drive from my house. :yahoo:

Yeah, my fiancée lives in Cologne, about an hour away from The Ring ;)

One and a half hours away from my place in Lux. :yahoo:

Cologne's quite a nice place, play rugby against their team in cologne once a year. I suppose you take the Zed over a fair bit?

Yeah, my fiancée lives in Cologne, about an hour away from The Ring ;)

One and a half hours away from my place in Lux. :yahoo:

Cologne's quite a nice place, play rugby against their team in cologne once a year. I suppose you take the Zed over a fair bit?

Mostly fly as its cheaper, but do try to drive whenever I can :)

• Like 1

Think my best was 32mpg to Bournemouth and back, but I timed both journeys so that traffic was light and I could sit at a steady speed on the motorway all the way. Never bettered that since, but then it was uber-boring hardly ever touching the throttle!