Turboing the DE

Jez @ H-Dev

I'm collecting the parts required to turbo my DE engined 350 - got pistons, rods, fasteners etc.

One thing I'm not sure if I'll do or not is to sleeve the block. I've got the sleeves to do it but not sure if its worth the hassle.

On my 200SX I ran a sleeved SR engine - was a bit of a ball ache as the sleeves move slightly after a while which caused a leak at the headgasket. That engine made over 600bhp and the car was about 1100kg. Going for 700+ with the DE engine in a lardy 350 chassis.

So, what sort of power will the DE block take before things fail?

Edited by Jez

Main issue we have seen is that the top of the block is open deck. Top of sleeves aren't supported.

But I agree running liners is a pain as they sometimes move after fitment.

we have motors running 600bhp with no liners without any issue.

If your going to run liners use Darton closed deck liners , just get a new block shipped to Darton in the US get them to fit the liners and get it shipped to you.

That's what we ran in project Zed , liners where never the issue we just used to pull the top out of the blocks but we was running nearly triple the power you want to run.

Just fit a HR motor will run 550bhp stock.

Edited by Mark@Abbey m/s

Cheers Mark - I've already got the Darton sleeves. It'll be a chunk of cash to get them fitted properly - just working out if its worth it... Spose if the engine is worth doing may as well do it properly.

Are HR closed desk? Not had one apart yet.

I've been looking at the APS Twin Turbo Kit for my 350Z DE... could anyone tell me the effect this has on the MPG?

It goes down. ;)

Lol, not that it matters but is this just down to the pressure on the pedal or just in general or will we never know because no one cares?