Airbag warning light on since MOT

twobears

Got my Roadster back from its MOT last week and the airbag light came on next time I drove it. Car was delivered to the house and parked in the Zed Shed (not THE Zed Shed obviously :scare: ) so I didn't notice the fault straight away. Garage isn't open yet and I will call the chap when he does open but I just wondered if the airbags can be switched off manually?

Edited by twobears

Thanks for the vid post saiper. i have had the airbag light on for ages (weird, as i started typing this a news report about Japanese airbag problems came on). i read how to do it before but the video made it much easier to understand. lights off now, yay!

Well, despite me recommending the reset option, (which initially seemed to work for me) my airbag light is now on as well. Irony.

J.

check the connectors under the seat, disconnect and replug. Then redo the reset procedure. If still no good then you may have a break in a wire in the loom in the rear section of the seat. Luckily the seat cover has a zip at the back so not to difficult to access. Fin the break and solder and repair. You could get an auto electrician to sort this