No success in finding a plumber :(

twobears

Despite making several phone calls I have had no luck finding someone to fix or replace my boiler. One chap said that he would get someone to call me by the end of the day but no phone call so far. Another chap promised to come round and take a look but he never turned up. This is what normally happens when I need a tradesman and I don't really understand why? Do other people have the same problem or is it something that I am doing wrong? :wacko:

I know a god one but he's in Middlesbrough, he did travel down to Norfolk to install mine but he is a friend.

He might possibly be passing and be able to give advice/quote if you want me to PM you his number?

Coincidently I got a fault on my boiler last week ... fortunately I recently did some work for guy who services boilers for a living and he did me a temporary fix to keep us warm. He suggested that the boiler needed a new "brain" for a proper fix and the cheapest way would be by enrolling in the British Gas scheme. I haven't looked into it yet but I shall do in due course when I get time.

Coincidently I got a fault on my boiler last week ... fortunately I recently did some work for guy who services boilers for a living and he did me a temporary fix to keep us warm. He suggested that the boiler needed a new "brain" for a proper fix and the cheapest way would be by enrolling in the British Gas scheme. I haven't looked into it yet but I shall do in due course when I get time.

I enrolled with British gas when I got a new boiler a couple of years age it may seem expensive but they come out every year & service mine & the parts & labour are included so it pays for itself in the end ( my new boiler cost £2500 about 2 years ago ) so it pays to have the service contract,you can set yourself up with a account on their website & then you are able to pay on-line & book what day & time you want them to come within a time slot. Hope this helps

Sorry, should have said that, due to being in the middle of nowhere we haven't got gas (or mains drainage etc) and the boiler is oil-fired. Oh hang on, someone in a white van has just pulled up outside so I am off to investigate in case it is a plumber ... back soon :)

Ha ha Hugh, no choc ice for you I'm afraid 'cos it's a real live plumber - yay :thumbs: I had given up waiting and assumed that he wasn't going to turn up. I managed not to kiss him when he walked in :blush: Might be speaking too soon mind you. We'll see ....