CSI Blackpool (Season 2): What's this mod in my Zed?

Stutopia

So, after I found out the previous owner already had installed a cosworth panel filter, just as I was decided it was a good idea, my attention turned to plenum spacers. Read some bits and bobs on here, sounded good, opened up the bonnet to have butchers (only the second time since I bought her :dummy: ) and what's this winking at me? I'm sure it wasn't there when I looked before. I think there's a Modman going around at night doing bits and pieces on my car...

Any one tell me what actual spacer it is?

(for all I know about engine mods, this could be a turbo charger)

IMG_1624_zpsbe865a79.jpg

IMG_1626_zpsf2b41db5.jpg

I have stock strut bar above it if that helps in identification at all.

Please tell me it's the best one money can buy and gives you 100bhp+.

I really don't want to hear anything with "cheap" "catastrophic failure" or "fire", unless you really must.

Thanks!

Edited by SuperStu

• 1 month later...

Got a new mystery bit I'm hoping someone can please identify. I made a rare venture into the engine bay to replace some missing clips around the brake and battery cubbys. Inside the battery cubby there's this very clean and very new looking blue wire with a clear plastic bit in it. Any ideas?

IMG_0681_zps27786333.jpg

IMG_0683_zps81999a91.jpg

IMG_0684_zpsc767e9bb.jpg

IMG_0682_zpsbbb6aa36.jpg

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

That is a horsham development plenum spacer and it is ment to fit like that so don't worrie, and that blue cable is a power supply for an amplifier the other end of the cable will be inside the car somewhere you had better take it off the battery as it could short out and maybe cause a fire.

Sweet, hopefully the other end goes into my aftermarket amp! Explains why it's the cleanest thing in the bay and I'd not noticed it when I first went in there, pre-installation. Installer never mentioned it when he showed me my new bits.

Thanks everyone, this place is the best.

TBH, if anything could have happened with that cable, it would have happened by now.

I'd check the usual suspect places, glove box secret compartment, spare wheel area, under seat area, if sub isn't firing into your back, check if it's in there.

only a few places in the Zed you could put an amp.

TBH, if anything could have happened with that cable, it would have happened by now.

I'd check the usual suspect places, glove box secret compartment, spare wheel area, under seat area, if sub isn't firing into your back, check if it's in there.

only a few places in the Zed you could put an amp.

True but I still wouldn't want to risc it.

Hidden away, in the boot, under the mat, next to the spare, buried under some sort of styrofoam, there be blue cables, loads of 'em. But most importantly, one great big thick one!

Not the best shots as it's pitch black outside and blowing a hurricane, just stuck my phone in and pressed click a few times.

IMG_1906_zpsb39e5aef.jpg

IMG_1910_zpsf3768bcf.jpg

I'll investigate properly tomorrow after work when I can actually take the impeding stuff out without it blowing off down the street, but I can sleep easy tonight. Thanks again.

Still hoping there's a mines cf lip hidden in there somewhere :teeth:

I'd be totally at sea if it wasn't for this place. Since I picked her up in Feb I've learnt all sorts of stuff, it's been an amazing experience so far and I still haven't actually met another forum member yet!

Though I did wave at a Zed the other day and got one back, I felt like I was in the best secret society ever!