Smudge's trip to THE NORTH!!!

smudgedon

My job has me travelling here there and everywhere at the moment, but I usually get a train booked through work as it's quicker, easier and I don't rack up miles on the Zed which is a weekend car really

But I arranged a few meetings that are in and around Leeds/Manchester, some of which are miles from train stations so I thought I'd take the Zed for a nice cruise over the next few days :)

Started off at 6am this morning, leaving Croydon to travel up to Leeds town center. A distance of 224 miles. With minimal traffic around, the Zed cruised it all the way without any faults, hiccups or anything. It really is a great cruiser :) stuck the cruise control onto 70mph and the journey flew by with me making it to Leeds in 3 hours and 24mins, with the trip computer showing an average speed of 58mph (few miles of town driving obviously) and an average of 34.2mpg! Very pleased with that

She's tucked up in the underground car park for now until I go over to Manchester tomorrow, about 50miles away, before heading home again tomorrow evening. A round trip of over 500miles

On exactly half a tank at the moment with 236miles on the odometer....can we make it home on the same tank?!

Bored in the hotel room so thought I'd share what I'm up to :lol: the TV is crap, doesn't get Dave or BBC3...so no Top Gear of Family Guy that i'd usually watch before going to bed :( oooh wait, what's this?! SCARFACE on ITV4 :lol: my night sorted!

Updates tomorrow :)

• Like 1

what time are you leaving manchester. Could meet up but wouldnt be till half 8

Not sure yet Mike. Might be heading up to Blackpool to see a lady friend of mine. If not I'll be leaving around 3ish

About to go into a meeting so will update in a couple of hours

Ended up leaving Manchester at around 1.30pm in the end, taking 5 hours to get home with traffic on the M6, M40 and M25 :(

But, the car was once again faultless and I arrived home without a single pain or any tiredness :)

Things I've learnt from the last few days:

1. The M62 summit (UK's highest motorway) has some great scenery!

2. The Zed is very comfy on a long ride (568mile round trip)

3. The Zed is quite economical on long journeys - I averaged 32.2mpg and that was with sitting in lots of traffic today. I used 1 tank and just under another quarter. I reckon I could easily get 500miles to tank on a clear run

4. Lot's of people like my purple wheels :lol: numerous thumbs up and smiles as people were alongside the car in traffic

5. Don't try chasing a Lambo Gallardo...they're fast :( but I'm louder ;)

6. Multi-story car parks are not my friend! Lots of scraping the front bumper coming down the ramps :(

Saw 2 Zed's, 1 Azure going North on the M6 at around 2.45pm and an import in the traffic on the M25 at around 5pm. Also saw a black 370z who had a good look at the car before overtaking me

She's enjoyed her trip I think, now she's all tucked up for the night, ready for a rolling road day and some tweaks tomorrow ;)

Edited by smudgedon