Window motor issue

Fordie1971

I have a 2004 uk model and the drivers side window motor is playing up. It occasionally drops and rises on opening and closing the door and when it drops I can lower the window, but after it opening halfway and then refusing to go back up on one occasion I daren't try it in case it happens again, I haven't got the know how to try the cleaning procedure that I've seen posted on here, does anyone live in Sheffield or know a garage in this area that would know this procedure? i took it to one who said they would try and clean it up but said it was a sealed unit once they got it off and that I'd need a new motor (this was before I read the article on here)

Unfortunately both of mine are shot, they only drop down when you open the door. If you ever get really stuck then try giving the door card a slight thump whilst pressing the switch, or close the door and hold the switch lol. I often have to do this to get the window back up after its auto drop (pain in the arse). Pretty sure zmanalex can sort you out with spanking new new motors.

:pmzmanalex:

Thanks for all the replies. I've sent the PDF guide onto the garage I use and asked for an estimate to have a go at the clean up fix as I couldn't do that myself, if not I'll be in contact Alex re a new one (£179?). It's got the MOT next Tuesday and it's probaly going to need 4 new tyres that I've sourced at £60 front and £70 rear as the outer walls have cracked on the rear and between the tread on the front, but I am hoping they scrap through as there's still 5mm on them all. So if I'm looking at an expensive week next week the window motor might have to wait!.

I have a 2004 uk model and the drivers side window motor is playing up. It occasionally drops and rises on opening and closing the door and when it drops I can lower the window, but after it opening halfway and then refusing to go back up on one occasion I daren't try it in case it happens again, I haven't got the know how to try the cleaning procedure that I've seen posted on here, does anyone live in Sheffield or know a garage in this area that would know this procedure? i took it to one who said they would try and clean it up but said it was a sealed unit once they got it off and that I'd need a new motor (this was before I read the article on here)

My brother can do it. He did it on mine. His garage is in sheffield in woodseats

• 2 weeks later...