Mulling it over...

:welcome:

I love driving mine for many reasons but will you not miss the power and speed of a sx?

Hi

Have you driven/owned a modified sx? I'm in a similar position to the op, I've got a stage 3a s14a and I'm considering selling up for a Z, would be nice to get a idea of the straight line performance difference...

Blimey, I know everyone here :D

Straight line a 3a 200 will dick all over a Z33, TBH anything over 1a is going to beat it. The power delivery is a lot more exciting in the 200, you dont get the thump in the back you do with a big turbot. :)

However, IMO the Zed is more rewarding to drive and generally a nieer place to be, and having done a couple of SXOC trackdays the real life difference isnt that great - sure, the 350/400hp guys pull away a bit on the straights but they are letting me past after the next corner, a Z33 is a lot easier to drive on the limit than a 200 is :)

Its also rather awesome as an out of the box drifter, bear that in mind when budgeting a years worth of tyres ;):D

:welcome:

I love driving mine for many reasons but will you not miss the power and speed of a sx?

Hi

Have you driven/owned a modified sx? I'm in a similar position to the op, I've got a stage 3a s14a and I'm considering selling up for a Z, would be nice to get a idea of the straight line performance difference...

Blimey, I know everyone here

Straight line a 3a 200 will dick all over a Z33, TBH anything over 1a is going to beat it. The power delivery is a lot more exciting in the 200, you dont get the thump in the back you do with a big turbot.

However, IMO the Zed is more rewarding to drive and generally a nieer place to be, and having done a couple of SXOC trackdays the real life difference isnt that great - sure, the 350/400hp guys pull away a bit on the straights but they are letting me past after the next corner, a Z33 is a lot easier to drive on the limit than a 200 is

Its also rather awesome as an out of the box drifter, bear that in mind when budgeting a years worth of tyres

Hi mate :thumbs:

I thought i'd come here as it got a bit heated on sxoc :rolleyes:

I guessed that may be the case, and i just love the boot in the back when the sx comes on boost B) i would certainly miss it, but its a rare occasion these days. I do get the zed though, and i find myself looking on autotrader etc everyday :lol: I could use a rear seat every now and then but sod it, i think i'm going to take the plunge, i'll re-evaluate my savings on payday :teeth:

I think i might miss the kick of the turbo, even at 1a its very satisfying, but on the other hand i wont miss the lag. Instant low down power delivery would be nice, and i have unimaginable amounts of WANT for that V6 sound!

Having gone from a zed to an r33 I do like the turbo kicking in and at higher end the way it just keeps pulling, the pops and flames are nice too :lol: but I do miss the lazy power lower end of the zed and the noise of the v6

I imagine the sx turbo will feel similar to the skyline but faster since yours was tuned. Comparing the sx to the zed- both very different but both great in their own right

23/yo female - was paying £650 for insurance on my VW T4 van. swapped over the policy to cover the Zed when I bought it and sold the van- went up to £1140 a year.... didn't want to cancel as I'd lose the 6 months towards another years no claims. When it comes up for renewal I should be able to find cover for about £650 again on the Zed.

ETA: good luck with finding a cheap quote- Zeds are pretty cheap to insure normally so not sure why you've had bad luck so far.... Elephant and Admiral, although a pain in the butt at times, have always been my cheapest ones.

Edited by Louisa911

as louisa said I've found Admiral to be good. I've got a twin policy with Admiral covering the zed and an old r reg fiesta for around 450 for the year. I'm 35 though so that probably helped a little. They even took the 8 years ncd I've got on the fiesta and mirrored it on to the zed so I've got 8 years on both cars.

Also seems to help if you add someone else as a named driver to the policy. Adding my stepdad reduces my premium by around £100 then adding my boyfriend who has been driving 15 years reduces by a further £80 or so. Not tried adding a 3rd but you can have up to 3 on my policy, no idea if it'd drop again if I added a random friend onto the policy :lol:

What are you guys paying for insurance, i've just got off the phone to my insurance company, they gave me a shocking quote :cry:

If you're half way through and swapping they can pretty much charge what they want as you can take it or leave it! get a few different quotes and try the tips above etc. If your current company are taking the pee might even be cheaper to get a full year somewhere else??

Well i was quoted an extra £350 on top of my current premium for the Z, i'm only a couple of months into my current policy. I asked for a quote on a fresh new policy, they quoted me 3k :scare: I currently pay £900ish on my sx, no idea how they quoted that price, i had to ask him twice to check the info was correct. I'll call them back in a few days and check they can still change my current policy for the extra 300 odd quid....

Insurance is a con these days, i wouldn't mind but i'm not exactly young :wacko:

Hi all my 1st post but just thought I would add my experience, I ended in Zedland via some diversions, was driving a mildly tuned bug wrx for a while (now the wifes) and then wanted to change to an e46 M3, was loaned one for a few days.....and here I am with a Zed and cant stop grinning!! I loved my S13 with the usual small mods, exhaust, saab cooler, diff turbo, etc, in fact the wifes words after driving the zed where " omg, its like a new 200sx with no lag " she loved the S13, taught her to drive in my Saph Cosworth, downhill ever since, lol.

I thought I would miss the boost rush but as its a V6 this more than makes up for it, and when you turn that key and feel the raw grunt through the bottom off the seat........every petrolhead just loves it, the power is like them damn turbo diesels, instant torque but keeps going, almost feels like vtec rev range, also the playstation generation just love it, the "kids" around here stare more at the zed than my neighbours DB9 lol. Oh did I mention the noise? just love it, everyday drive to work feels like I'm in a track car, the driving experience is just so rewarding, I personally find it so much like a 911(my favourite car), was gonna spend replacing the Bose sound system but pointless as just love the noises the car makes!! Their looks will never date either and the market for them will pick up once the youngsters get old enough to purchase them lol. BTW my insurance is £300 fully comp with sheilas wheels, even got free handbag insurance lol. Never ever have I been so happy with my car purchase...even my phone is a Z lol. :)