Alpine CDE-113BT

JameZed

Hi all,

Tried searching but cant find anything. Wondering if someone can shed a bit of light on this. This HU come with the car when I bought it. It's great all round but the battery was recently disconnected. Therefore all the bass/treble etc settings were all reset.

I know the standard Bose sub isn't amazing but I have messed about with the settings but don't feel they are what they should be. Not 100% clued up on the frequencys etc to be honest.

Anyone have an idea what they should all be set at for the best all round?

Regards

I've got an Alpine BT HU (although different from yours). Making the changes detailed in the link Jon posted above certainly made a difference to volume and speaker peformance.

That's an idea, but they will probably charge silly prices. Heard horror stories previously about HU's wired incorrectly catching fire etc. is it really that straight forward? It only goes up to 35 and it's not loud at all. Rather dissapointed for a Bose system. So glad there is a fix! :)

I'm not an electrician or mechanic and managed it without any issues.

As long as you can snip, strip and connect wires together you should be fine. Have a practice with some scrap wires, or just buy a length from a DIY shop until you're comfortable with the procedure.

Plenty of guides for removing the centre console and then HU. Whereabouts are you located? There might be a forum member close by willing to lend a hand :shrug:

That's an idea, but they will probably charge silly prices. Heard horror stories previously about HU's wired incorrectly catching fire etc. is it really that straight forward?

Did you read all of that in the daily mail :D

As said, take it to a place that knows what they are doing (post up what area you are in and ask here), show them exactly what you want done and get a quote. That's only going to cost you a bit of time.

The right tools definitely make it a lot easier. Something to strip the wires with (rather than a Stanley knife) should be near the top of the list. Especially if you like your thumbs....