Spare Key

Scott TMN

Ok so as my zed only came with the one key, i think its probably a good idea to get myself a spare, just incase of an emergancy of me losing the main.

Now i understand they need to have the remote, or the alarm will just off go? So what is the cheapest way of going abaout getting my emergency back up, is it a stealership jobby, or can you buy blanks cheap and programe them yourself?

Cheers, Scott

Hey Scott, I believe you can buy a spare remote from eGay and program it doing some sort of rain-dance with the key/pedals/door something etc. Do a search and see if you find the specifics of programing the remote.

Make sure you buy a remote with the electronic internals if going the eGay route! Some of them are just the shell.

Good luck!

The rain dance and link that Ebized has posted it to program the remote functionof the keyfob, it still won't start the car as far as I am aware, for that you have to go to a decent locksmith or your nissan dealer for them to bum rape you for programming it.

I believe the going rate for getting a new key and programmed in Nissan is Circa £160, ouch.

ok thanks for the replies guys.

searched the bay, and found this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-NISSAN-350-Z-REMOTE-KEY-NEW-KEY-BLADE-MODEL-/111027580399?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Safety_Security&hash=item19d9c26def

So like above, i could get this, then take it to a locksmith, then try the rain dance to program it myself, if that fails, worst comes to the worst ill let nissan programm it, but still has to be cheaper as they are only programming surly?

should be ok, the earlier keys have a transponder chip separate but I am guessing this is the later key which has it built in to the micro chip. The pedal dance will program the key and you will obviously need to get the blade cut so you can turn the barrel!