Ah the good old days......

Jacko

Anyone else remember the Spectrum?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6572711.stm

Not that I had one, I had a Commodore Vic 20!! :teeth:

Yes i had one with the separate tape machine and the massive 16k plug in memory module. :lol:

Ha ha excellent, and the lovely hissing and whitenoise when it was loading, along with trippy colours on screen! Those were the days ! ;)

Anyone else remember the Spectrum?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6572711.stm

Not that I had one, I had a Commodore Vic 20!! :teeth:

Yes i had one with the separate tape machine and the massive 16k plug in memory module. :lol:

Ha ha excellent, and the lovely hissing and whitenoise when it was loading, along with trippy colours on screen! Those were the days ! ;)

Still got it in the loft, must get it out for Ryan and show him how lucky he his. Today he plays with 2 gig of ram a dual core processor and a graphics card with 512mb of ram :scare:

can go back further. My first was a ZX81 which you coould buy in kit form and build yourself. It was the only way my parents could afford one. It used to take hours to program a little game in and even longer if you did it in machine code. It only had 1k of memory :headhurt:

can go back further. My first was a ZX81 which you coould buy in kit form and build yourself. It was the only way my parents could afford one. It used to take hours to program a little game in and even longer if you did it in machine code. It only had 1k of memory :headhurt:

Yep, I remember the first game I played...... remember "Race" Mike, where there was a bike (well it looked like a number 4 or something) in the middle and basically the screen moved up so you were travelling down..... you had to make him avoid the trees and cars, by moving the whole screen left and right!

Class :D

Yep, I remember the first game I played...... remember "Race" Mike, where there was a bike (well it looked like a number 4 or something) in the middle and basically the screen moved up so you were travelling down..... you had to make him avoid the trees and cars, by moving the whole screen left and right!

Class :D

first game I typed in on the ZX81 was snake

Ahhh the Spectrums I remember em well. I never had the rubber key one although my mates did cos Mum & Dad couldn't justify the price of it. My first spectrum was the 48k which I then upgraded to the 128k which iirc had the tape deck built in. 10 minutes for games to load, a lot of the time they'd crash while loading and you'd have to start again.

On sports games (track & field etc) you had to bash 7 shades of sh**e alternatively out of 2 keys to move the player or if you had a joystick waggle it side to side like mad - they generally broke within about 5 minutes.

Jet Set Willy, Manic Miner, Eddie Kidd, Daley Thompsons Decathlon the hours of my life I've lost playing on the Spectrum are frightening. BUT it never came above getting outside with your mates for a game of footie or whatever, happy happy days indeed :teeth:

I was only 1 when these came out :blush:

My earliest memory was an Atari ST500, played super bomber man.. then had a Neo Geo console, and back then a game cost £60 :scare::scare::scare:

I gave it too my mate when I was 14 as he didnt have much, I had 25 console games, and now they sell on ebay and I could of gto £600 for it :scare::scare::scare::headhurt::headhurt:

Must admit it was way ahead for its time :thumbs: