Forward Facing Child seat in a 350z - Anyone have one?

MidnightRacer

Child seat guidelines....

Child Passengers

• Always ensure that your child is in an appropriate child restraint that is suitable for the car and seat on which it is being used, and that it is securely fitted. Make sure the child is securely held by the child seat harness or seat belt.
  • Make sure that children travel in the rear of the car, if possible - it is safer.
  • Never put a rearward-facing baby seat in the front if there is a passenger airbag.
  • Do not put a forward-facing child seat in the front, unless there is no other choice. In this case, make sure the car seat is as far back as possible, the child seat is securely fitted and the child is securely held by the seat belt or child seat harness, keeping the child as far as possible from the dashboard. Ask the vehicle manufacturer how far the airbag comes out as it deploys and whether it is safe to use a child seat.
  • If there are side airbags, make sure that the child restraint does not rest against the door, that the child sits properly in the seat and does not lean close to, or against, the door or window. Ask the vehicle manufacturer how far the airbag comes out as it deploys and whether it is safe to use a child seat in the front.
  • If there are other types of airbag in the car, ask the vehicle manufacturer how far they come out as they deploy and whether it is safe to use a child seat near the airbag.

Thanks guys.

Fully aware of the law and its perfectly legal (forward facing) and safe enough if done correctly. I would obviously buy the box to disable the air bags if I could but they are no longer available it would seem so I'll have to take the safe approach and just not crash!! I just wondered if anyone had used a specific seat to save me having to go through loads until I find one that fits!

Ta!

I've got a BRITTAX EVOLVA 123 that I use in the zed when needed.

It was the onot one that was recommended forour BMW Mini due to its small rear seats so that's the one I already had.

It is about 1cm too wide at the base to rest perfectly on the seat without touching the seat base's side bolsters.

But when you tighten the belt around it it pulls tightly into the seat.

If left for extended periods I'm sure this would mark/crease the leather here.

I've had no marks with occasional use ie seat in just for a day when needed.

If you go shopping for a new seat this will give you a good starting point.

Tell the salesperson you need a seat with a base narrower than the BRITTAX EVOLVA 123;)

• Like 1

Just wondering if anyone has bought a forward facing child seat for their 350z and if so what brand they got?

From May this year my little dude is old enough to go forward facing and it would be nice to take him out in the Zed on our day together.

Cheers

Kev

Yea I do, Kiddicare I got mine from.