Simples MP3 mod....

z350convert

Don't know if this is of interest to anyone but here goes...

Just got 2003 350z, no sat nav fitted but no problem as I use my phone with google maps and a safety camera app, both easy to update.

I wanted to run it through my car speakers but didn't know how to do it and I got no response from my message on here.

So, I bought a tape cassette with an mp3/phone lead attached. Didn't think it would work but it does (Philips PH-62050 CD/MP3/MD-to-cassette adaptor, Amazon £8.00, bargain) so that linked the phone to speakers via the tape deck which is redundant now anyway, I don't even have any tapes.

Then I bought a cigarette lighter USB socket (About £3.00 inc postage).

I fed all the wires up behind the centre cubby hole and through the back of the cubby hole via the two square holes already there.

Then I made a little perspex panel across the front of the centre cubby hole and mounted a Samsung phone holder onto it, making sure the lid closed ok, (had to cut it down a bit, the holder not the lid)

So now I connect the charger lead and the speaker lead to my phone, pop it in the phone holder and off I go. So I have google maps and camera warnings all nagging me through the speakers and if I want (and i don't), the phone works through the speakers as well.

Some slight noise through the tape but otherwise seems to work a treat and a cheap mod.

Thanks for that tip. Have downloaded Nav Free and it seems much simpler.

Instead of Google Maps, which is not brilliant..Download Nav Free App its got built in camera

positions choice of voice control etc..everything that Tom Tom has..good app use it all the time. :thumbs: