350z DE/HR & 370z AFE Takeda Short Ram Intakes Offer

Tarmac@TarmacSportz

Hi All

Currently running an offer on these intakes, Offer is for one week. Not a group buy so as many or few.

They are a good product and fantastic price, sold a few to members lately. Manufacturers info below:

350z 03-06 Intakes Black or Polished £180 delivered (Web price will be £215)

350z 07-08 HR Intakes Polished £285 delivered (Web price will be £315)

370z Intake Polished £300 delivered (Web price will be £340)

Get them while they are hot :)

The Takeda Retain Intake is a short ram air intake intake system for 350z. In recent testing this intake produced 19hp and 16lbs. x ft. of torque. Takeda intakes are constructed out of lightweight clear coat anodized tubing for maximum air flow and a great style. Each intake uses a large 360 degree high flow PRO Dry S air filter for maximum flow, filtration and convenience. The PRO Dry S air filter requires no oils and cleans with simple soap and water. Takeda intakes come complete with all tubing, filters, couplers and hardware for an easy installation.

Quick and Easy Installation:

Complete installation in 30 minutes or less.

Cleaning Convenience:

This system includes a Pro DRY S oil free synthetic air filter which will never require to be oiled after cleaning.

Clear-coat Anodized Tubing:

Prevents intake tube discoloring and oxidation

Weight: 7 lbs

takeda2_zpsd96a3e55.jpg

The 350z HR 07-08 Takeda Retain Intake is a short ram dual air intake intake system. In recent testing this intake produced 9hp and 8lbs. x ft. of torque. Takeda intakes are constructed out of lightweight clear-coat anodized tubing for maximum air flow and a great style. Each intake uses a large 360 degree high flow PRO Dry S air filter for maximum flow, filtration and convenience. The PRO Dry S air filter requires no oils and cleans with simple soap and water. Takeda intakes come complete with all tubing, filters, couplers and hardware for an easy installation.

Complete installation in 40 minutes or less.

Cleaning Convenience:

This system includes a Pro DRY S oil free synthetic air filter which will never require to be oiled after cleaning.

takeda1_zps1904e69f.jpg

The Takeda Retain 370Z Intake is a short ram air intake intake system. In recent testing this intake produced 9hp and 8lbs. x ft. of torque. Takeda intakes are constructed out of lightweight clear-coat anodized tubing for maximum air flow and a great style. Each intake uses a large 360 degree high flow PRO Dry S air filter for maximum flow, filtration and convenience. The PRO Dry S air filter requires no oils and cleans with simple soap and water. Takeda intakes come complete with all tubing, filters, couplers and hardware for an easy installation.

Complete installation in 40 minutes or less.

Cleaning Convenience:

Weight: 11 lbs

takeda1_zps1904e69f.jpg

Edited by Tarmac

It is possible to get 19BHP increase from a breather mod, just not top end, you may see it in the low to mid range with 2-3 at the top. I think thats how they get away with these silly claims.

I've pm'd one of the members who has one so you can get an independant review.

The HR intakes are cheaper than the JWTs by a fair old chunk, plus a DE one compared to a JWT & say a Berk Intake tube is also a lot cheaper, the air filters on these are seriously good and don't require oiling. They are both good kits in there own right, AFE/Takeda produce a lot more intakes than JWT and have a fantastic reputation over in the US.

Its a hard one to call, but at this offer price it would sway me personally towards the Takeda. I can supply either though so only you guys can make the decision, might be worth waiting for the opinion from one of the guys running these intakes.

Edited by Tarmac

Hello all,

Short independent review coming up, bought a set of the HR polished intakes from Tarmac about a month or two back after I read some reviews of these on the US forums and was very intrigued by them.

They are well packaged from factory and when you open the box you can see that the build quality is top notch, came with everything needed for fitting and nearly 40 steps of instructions (mostly self explanatory but it helps). Installation was relatively easy although took a while to do as some parts are really snug fit almost to the point where I was worried it might not all fit in but low and behold it all does and has been obviously manufactured to really tight tolerances, I like this though as it doesn't feel like universal crap but something that was crafted for the car. One tip would be to take off your strut bar even though it doesn't call for it in the instructions, hindsight it would've made everything a lot easier and would've saved me from scratching one of the intake pipes on the strut bar tightening nut :oops:

The design of the heat shields it comes with I think is quite a bit better than the JWT ones (friend has DE with JWT we installed weekend before) and we we're discussing the heat shields and the Takeda ones seem more efficient as they enclose the filter more. Also as a plus the Takeda kit comes with everything up to the throttle body where as the JWT attaches to existing intake pipe and hence many people opt for a polished intake pipe as an extra to go with their kits. The kit looks excellent installed with its shiny pipes and the black powder coated heat shields.

Haven't been to dyno so hard to say what kind of power difference they've made, the car does feel a bit more responsive over 5k revs but that could just be due to the lovely noise it makes that makes you think that, they are pleasantly quiet in normal driving but when you put your foot down you get lovely noise which is very similar to JWT noise i've heard, they really do make you want to plant your foot at every opportunity so you can listen to them, really makes the HR sound happier.

I've recently got Invidia Gemini True Dual system to go with the intakes and like mentioned by someone at US forums when you combine the Takeda intakes with true dual exhaust you'll think you're driving a V8 and don't think that's too far off truth.

tl;dr:

Excellent quality, good sound and very pleased with purchase and at this price not sure why you'd go JWT instead.

Hope that helps, if you have any questions let me know :D

Thanks

.FxN

• Like 1

Mine just arrived, fitting time of about 20mins and away for a test drive.

Noise is unreal, hard to tell if there's any better response at the minute because the roads are terrible after the snow, but it's well made, a doddle to fit and exactly what I was after to brighten the engine bay and give me some sort of noise so I knew I was in a v6 :)

My only complaint is they have redesigned the intake tube from what is pictured and it's now a takeda sticker on the hardpipe instead of that nice looking wee rectangle thing.... But that's just me being anal lol.

Edited by Olliecrx