Scott's Project Zed

Scott TMN

Aha yeah I get you, I would say it jut looks newer, although not necessarily brighter, defiantly a more modern light. To be fair I didn't really use my map lights much, but now I have them set to come on with the doors. But yeah well worth the upgrade, and especially for £4.49 can't go wrong! eBay item number 360481585693

So the wrapping continues, this time the bonnet..

G0032506_zpsed9984d1.jpg

GOPR2086_zpse3123d92.jpg

done..

96BEF49A-A7D3-4121-A4B7-2CBF92DBC853-3022-000001628DC807CA_zps4f569b4d.jpg

And Jak done my eyelids, Done(left), standard colour (right)

95181612-3EA3-42DB-ADA3-C9898A3A1EAF-3022-0000016293A8610E_zps69683016.jpg

Also changed my number plate bulbs as iv had the bulbs a sitting around waited to be fitted now. Don't know why it took me so long, they are so easy to fit!

New(left) Old(right)

BEDF57F7-95FB-465A-BA0B-0CE82EB7C06F-3022-0000015E296D8815_zps3ef1b4ee.jpg

complete

4B479717-9789-4898-BAE5-09ACB9FBA9A1-3022-0000015E357FDA48_zpsdf444d34.jpg

I did also try tinting my headlights, but I wasn't happy with the film, completely forgot to take a pic, so until I get an alternative tint, the eyelids are staying off unfortunately...

plus a quick timelapse vid of the bumper wrap:

• Like 1

Some great progress again. B)

I just did my number plate bulbs today as well. Got some 501 LED's for Christmas from my sister and the difference is great. Really makes the car look more modern imo. :)

Cheers mate :)

Yours give off a similar light to mine I take it? Things like bulbs are so cheap and easy most of the time, yet they make such a difference, I don't know why it's taken me this long!

Doing well mate! :thumbs: love the new colour! Looks awesome now the bonnet and bumper match!

Can't wait to see the whole car wrapped :teeth: bet you aren't looking forward to the rear bumper!

Thanks a lot mate, it's getting there! And no I'm not, nor the boot, hence wer saving them bits till last :lol: hoping by time we reach the back of the car well be pro wrapping experts aha. Already felt like Iv learnt a lot, and feel if I was doing it again I could get some bits done better/easier.

^definitely! think its just the boot light left for me now.

on a side note wrapped eyelids.

2E1A1089-0E7A-4730-9438-C97D901E0480-5459-00000295657E76A1_zps68eb4284.jpg

and also been trying to find a bodyshop that will fit my Nismo skirts (as i encountered difficulties).

Bodyshops either don't want to go near anything that is not OEM, fibreglass or are just simply a nightmare to get hold of!

If I get no luck there still I may go for some side diffusers as an alternative... but well see :)

are you gonna take the spoiler off to wrap the boot then put it back on? be much easier

ideally yes, but im gonna say no. reason being i hear they are a right paint in the A to get off, and you often end up ruining the paointwork due to all the bonding gunk on it, only way i would justify it would be if i was getting a spoiler, but at least at the moment im not too worried about that. So i think with all that hassle it is actually easier to wrap with it on in a roundabout way.... (i hope anyway lol)

Wicked build dude, inspiration right there. :thumbs:

Thanks a lot man :)

• 2 weeks later...

How did you cut the centre part of your nismo bumper, where its black? Ive yet to have to cut somewhere like that. I was looking at two different options, One was the string you place down before hand, wrap over and the string cuts all the way through. Another was tape with a metal piece in between so you can cut directly on, remove the tape and then place down.

Just curious how you had done it, presuming you didn't cut straight onto the paint itself?

p.s. wrap looks great :D

Edited by ddcboyle

How did you cut the centre part of your nismo bumper, where its black? Ive yet to have to cut somewhere like that. I was looking at two different options, One was the string you place down before hand, wrap over and the string cuts all the way through. Another was tape with a metal piece in between so you can cut directly on, remove the tape and then place down.

Just curious how you had done it, presuming you didn't cut straight onto the paint itself?

p.s. wrap looks great :D

Yeah iv heard of that cutting tape, effectively like a cheese wire? lol I do actually have a free sample, but never given it a go. how I did mine I bridged the vinyl over the recess, cut a long with a steady hand, and then pushed it in. Im in a fortunate position with this as the paint is a similar colour to the wrap, so I just took the wrap to the beginning of the recess (bit facing the floor), so my cut is under it, out of sight. And kept the paint as a light line, and keeping a neat line between the grey and black :)

To make the cut I did literally just use the knife, as i say I bridged it over, so you should have space to cut and not touch the paint, I think the way to do it would be to turn your knife upside down, so the sharp edge is facing away from the paint. Admittedly I didn't because my bumper needs repainting as it is (because I smoothed over my numberplate holes, and the body shop who painted it originally did an awful job and i have mini sink holes all over the place :( )

Darn it if you don't make me jealous Scott_f91 every time I look at your thread. :lol::thumbs:

Sorrrrrrry mate ;) aha :p

Nice one, Scott, thanks again for the order, looking forward to seeing the wheels and springs fitted... B)

Me too!

Im going to roll the arches sunday in preparation :)

liking the parts awaiting to get fitted

why didnt you go for coilovers though?

Cheers!

and in all honesty I couldnt see why I would, especially for the huge price difference.

Ive had eibach springs on a previous car and was really impressed with them, ride quailty etc. and these are going to give the drop im after at a fraction of the cost of coilies and I know ride comfort should be ok, where I dont know so much with the coilies.

who knows later down the line though!

Looks sweet jealous of your wrapping skills lol

Thanks mate, there are a few bits im not happy with though I must admit, so I shall revisit them at the end :)

Felt like iv learnt a lot already!