Air bag light advice

mrchic

Hi all

When i purchased my Zed, the Airbag light was flashing, i had my local garage perform a diagnostic check and they managed to stop the light flashing.

Below is the notes from the technician following the work.

"Carried out diagnostic checks into the air bag found fault code for O/S/F Side air bag (error not present) carried out wiggle test to harness, still not fault shown, refitted multi plug back to seat, cleared codes, the light is now off, customer to monitor."

I had the work done in December last year, so its about three months with the light not flashing.

Any advice on a way forward, does the notes above sound like it was just a case of refitting the plug, i had a quick look/feel under the front seat for cables and it didn't seem like i would be able to refit any plugs easily without lifting the seat slightly.

can someone explain the error not present part, and does clearing the code stop the light flashing,

Thanks all

I wouldnt worry about it.After all its been OK since december.Sometimes something under the seat sets it off like a bottle or something.Mine came on twice over a 3 month period and I just reset it doing the 'ignition tap dance'.Not appeared since.Hope this is of help.

• Like 1

Very common fault on the 350. The connectors aren't the best and do become a bit 'dodgy' this leads to the light flashing on the dash.

Sounds like they just re- seated the connector and all is well for now.

I get the same everytime i hoover behind the seats, light on the dash, give the connections a wiggle and reset the light. I should really do something more permanent. :lol:

• Like 1

Thanks guys

Seems common then, can you advise on the reset bit please

It doesn't help that the light gives no indication of what's actually wrong, like when the door sensor light was flashing and spent ages shutting the doors, until i realised it was the boot that was not closed properly :lol:

Pulled directly from the official Nissan Service Manual. So if it does not work for you, then there may be a problem with your airbag system and it should be checked out.

1. Turn ignition switch from OFF to ON.

2. Air Bag warning lamp is on for 7 seconds and turns off, the turn ignition switch OFF within 1 second after the lamp turn off.

3. After ignition switch is turned OFF, wait for more than 3 seconds.

4. Repeat steps 1 to 3 two more times. (Perform 3 times in total.)

5. Turn Ignition switch ON.

6. The SRS lamp has been reset.

Is this the general reset guide

Cheers

Edited by mrchic

It sounds like a loose connector to me which has now been rectified. If you want to check that the lights still working, pull the yellow plug from under the seat and turn the ignition on and see if the lights on. If it is, replug back in and do the reset thats been posted here.

Personally I wouldn't bother as i'm sure the connector just got knocked at some point.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks to Skidder & MrChic for the info. Had the blinking light since the interior was cleaned last weekend and it is rather annoying. Quick ignition/key dance just now and all is good. I also pulled the seat forward and jiggled the connectors - found some nice Elizabeth Juke playboy jewellery too - that the misses' Christmas present sorted :lol: :lol:

• Like 1

Thanks to Skidder & MrChic for the info. Had the blinking light since the interior was cleaned last weekend and it is rather annoying. Quick ignition/key dance just now and all is good. I also pulled the seat forward and jiggled the connectors - found some nice Elizabeth Juke playboy jewellery too - that the misses' Christmas present sorted :lol: :lol:

Just did the ignition key dance too, as in the video by Skidder although i had to do five on and off's lol. Light now off

Didn't Goldie looking chain mention Elizabeth Juke jewellery in one of there songs

Light now off