Different makes of brake pads?

Arran

Basically just before i put my order in for some new front and rear pads in the next few days i want to just double check whats about as im not sure ive uncovered all the different types i can get

Basically at the moment im settled on EBC yellowstuff as theyve been great in the past for me, but looking around there doesnt seem to be an awful lot of choice for brembo calipers

So far ive seen

EBC red and yellow

Hawk carbon

Pagid RS

Tarox

Black diamond

Endless

Carbotech

Ferodo

Brembo

Thats about it, is there any others or is that the lot to pick from?

Cheers Arran

• 2 weeks later...

I had Performance Friction Z compound all round, great pads on oem rotars, but the brake dust actually killed my Rays.

So I now run DS2500 on the front with DBA rotors and the PF Z on oem rotors on the back.

The DBA and DS pads are the same rating as the PF pads on oem rotors. But for me aesthetics of keeping my rims clean was a must. So the DS pads and DBA rotors was a win for me.

Ds2500's are great but IMO they have 2 downsides. 1. They are proper dusty but I suppose that's to be expected. The other is that IMO oem and others including yellow stuff while not as strong they feel better. The ds2500s feel very on/off to me personally.

Ds2500's are great but IMO they have 2 downsides. 1. They are proper dusty but I suppose that's to be expected. The other is that IMO oem and others including yellow stuff while not as strong they feel better. The ds2500s feel very on/off to me personally.

You should try PF Z compound if you think they're dusty. For me DS's are a bit dusty but brake well.

On/off normally denotes when your foot is on the brake pedal or not :lol:

I guess it's all personal preference.