Berlin beer festival Aug 2nd to 4th. any suggestions.

wizurd

Evening

looks like my mates stag do will be at the Berlin beer festival 2nd - 4th August this year. Just looking for any suggestions about the festival if anyone's been before and where to stay or just Berlin suggestions at all. The best man's sorting the accommodation but thought I'd ask around as well to help out.

All I know is that there's something like 750000 people expected to attend drinking 1800 different beers. heaven :D

Berlin beer festival?

What about the main event? Munich Beer Fest, that's the one to attend Oktoberfest.

Berlin is good for 4 things.

1. Clubbing

2, TV tower

3, checkpoint Charlie

4. Their underground train network (epic)

I want to do the oktoberfest as well but for the stag the Berlin ones been picked so can't change that now. Plenty of time to get to the other one some other time. probably not in the same year though lol

clubbing been mentioned so think that's on the cards. history wise hoping to do the site seeing Sunday since we'll all be flying back that night and I won't need to be drinking then after all day Friday and Saturday on the pop.

tv tower?

http://m.tv-turm.de/

The TV Tower is a must, the lift is that quick its almost like being on a roller coaster when it gets to the top.

A spectacular view of the city.

Brandenberg gate is also a must. Not much to see, but a place mark in history.

If you like your electronic/techno music head to.....

www.tresorberlin.de

The new incarnation of an old techno institution, Tresor Club is set in an industrial former power station spanning 22,000 square metres on Köpenicker Straße in Berlin's Mitte neighbourhood. It consists of three floors: Globus, the +4 Bar which has views of the old power station ruins and the famed basement which can be reached through a 30-meter long tunnel. During the summer, there's also a smoker's garden. The club is open every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday.

It used to reside in an old Bank Vault, one hell of a club still with the vault bars still in situ.

Other clubs.....

http://m.guardian.co.uk/travel/2011/aug/17/10-best-clubs-berlin

Oktoberfest is one of the most amazing experiences, food drink and huge funfair.

Skip to 4 mins if you want to miss the challenge, but you'll miss the sexy ladies.

The tents are mahoosive!!

Edited by Wasso

cheers Wasso

Tv tower is a def then. Can get some excellent pics from there.

That club looks like it could be immense. I haven't been to a decent techno or dance club in years. my mate was showing me one (don't think it was this one) that's also an old school industrial style kind of place but it's out in the sticks a bit I think and by all accounts no photography is allowed inside the club lol i don't think we will be pushing our luck and going there though. It would probably turn out to be like the film hostel!

can't get that link to work at the bottom of ya post?

Yeah the TV tower is pretty wicked.

I've also fixed the vid above.

Tresor has a load of heritage and a massive respected record label as well.

Agreed no point heading out of town, it just creates problems.

Checkpoint Charlie is also very interesting.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Checkpoint_Charlie_Museum

got the video now as well cheers.

I had heard that with oktoberfest it was a bit regimented? ie have to have tickets for the main tents and it's just sit down drink and that's it? Is that the case or not?

looking forward to the Berlin one since it'll just be walking around drinking.

Bring on August.

passed that link from the guardian onto the best man so will let him think about that.

Yes tickets are required for the main tents, but when 6 million people will attend over 16 days you can imagine why they need to reserve.

You can go in the tents without being seated and still enjoy the atmosphere.

The waitresses are athletes in the art of delivering millions of steins, example below.

3-955-12.waitress.m.jpg

And some are rather gorgeous

Oktoberfest%20Boobs%20Cropped.jpg

The Hoffbrau tent normally contains a million ausies and they're hilarious states of drunkenness!

In fact I may even organise a Zed meet for the beer fest, its a wicked experience.

No matter what happens in Berlin you'll have a great time.

Edited by Wasso

I'd def be up for an oktoberfest trip.

It does sound excellent. will try Berlin this August and then get to oktoberfest as well sometime.

as for the girls. impressive beer carrying! and also other impressive things lol

just been txting the best man wondering about a pre August trip to Berlin for research purposes :D

I'd def be up for an oktoberfest trip.

It does sound excellent. will try Berlin this August and then get to oktoberfest as well sometime.

as for the girls. impressive beer carrying! and also other impressive things lol

just been txting the best man wondering about a pre August trip to Berlin for research purposes :D

That sounds like a good idea :lol:

Yer I know we're being hopeful with the site seeing. but since people are driving etc when we land at 2am Monday we won't be drinking Sunday. so might get some sight seeing in. I'm trying to remain optimistic about that lol.