Replace the Clarion with another Nissan Head unit ?

JackStrong

Hi.

Ive pretty much had enough of the Clarion unit. Cd player has broke and although I really like the ipod hack, I want something better.

However I really want it standard looking, meaning something that is Nissan dinn. I really think the Nissan Navara standard head unit, its pretty functional, blue tooth is good in it and it has the same steering wheel controls.

Would it be viable to do this ?

102476.jpg

Edited by JackStrong

i would imagine as a minimum you would need to get the new headunit 'unlocked' as they are quite often paired to the vehicle they came out of. if its the same size and plug and play after unlocking i can see its something worth doing as it does look better than the standard unit and for those that dont want the aftermarket look or feel it could be a winner :)

Might be worth checking what colour it lights up too if its not orange its not exactly gonna look OEM....

looks like it lights up orange to me.... also looks like it uses the same steering wheel and controls as the 350... could be a goer...

Nissan-Navara-ST-X-550-5-625x416.jpg

mmmm I have actually been thinking of trying something along these lines myself as i want OEM look ,cant believe you might save me the job of trying it out,which TBH i would love to do but just allways overloaded with work and havent had the time

Will watch this hopeing for a result

Reason I ask is I was looking at the wiring diagram for the navara and by chance stumbled on this:

http://www.incar-emporium.com/product_info.php?products_id=5074

Which in the description specifys the navara to iso adaptor is compatible with the 350z aswell...meaning could it be a straight swap :teeth: ?

however it says for 2005, so wanted to know if anything changed.

downhuman: Yeh what I mean is the adaptor is listed as it works for >2005

Well Ive done a fair bit of research, seems a possible winner, not positive yet:

For Navara's pre 2005 the default stereo was:

KGrHqZqIFEj-5dTfuBRMhYdRu7g60_12_zpsb6da717a.jpg

Recognise it ? :blush: ....and it too suffered the same problems! Makes me think that this will be easier to swap, in terms of size and wiring.

Now the newer unit, which im afraid is a Clarion too, though in my opinion far better and more functional. It has a built in blue tooth module. 6 Disc changer, Address book. Most importantly I cant see anyone complaining about disc skipping in the forums.

I have managed to find a photo of the back and it has the same sockets :D However I am yet to confirm the wiring is the same. There is one socket I do not recognise but I think it is the aerial:

KGrHqVrkFDpdiwO3BRIKyPW6U60_12_zpsb369937d.jpg

Next step will be confirming the front fascia will fit. THEN i will take the plunge and get it fitted

Anyone got any idea how much Nissan charge to recode and pair a headunit ?

• Like 1